Rapid PCR for kids?

lauren28

10 minutes ago, nonnie&dgd said:

Is the NAAT test OK for kids under 12? I’m going to try to get this test so we don’t have to wait for results.

it's the best suggestion I have , even though it's faster than the regular pcr will it be processed fast enough?

7 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

it's the best suggestion I have , even though it's faster than the regular pcr will it be processed fast enough?

It should be IF you can get an appointment for it. I can't find an appointment for it in my State so far.  If anyone knows of someplace in NC, please let me know!

49 minutes ago, Txdnadoc said:

It should be IF you can get an appointment for it. I can't find an appointment for it in my State so far.  If anyone knows of someplace in NC, please let me know!

What's your preferred city?  Your state has set up a testing coordination website that you need to put in your zip: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/about-covid-19/testing/find-my-testing-place/test-site-finder

20 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

What's your preferred city?  Your state has set up a testing coordination website that you need to put in your zip: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/about-covid-19/testing/find-my-testing-place/test-site-finder

Thanks.  Yes, been there.  The catch is that the testing sites are saving the rapid tests for people with symptoms.  I don't want to lie and take a test from someone with symptoms.   Also can't use the antigen test that most are doing.  Greensboro would be ideal, but an appointment in Durham of Raleigh would be fine too.  Looks like some urgent cares have 2-4 day pcr results,  which is risky.

On 9/3/2021 at 6:51 PM, lauren28 said:

I’m just trying to keep a smile on my face and roll with the punches here! 🤪

I understand that kids need a PCR test. I also understand the difference between PCR and antigen testing. From the way I read the new info - I feel like a rapid PCR test is still an option. Does anyone understand it differently? (Or perhaps has already called Royal to verify?!) 

We sailed in August with a 7 year old and the rapid test was accepted at check ain. At that time it was the 3 day rule so we got ours on Thursday prior to a Sunday sailing. At the dock they will preform another test for those under 12 and you have to wait for the results. Took about 40 minutes. On the ship, on Thrusday prior to our Sunday docking they scheduled another radid test for him. You don't have to wait they will send you the results on your phone. 

• Like 1