Passenger Change Question

wezhogan

I have booked a cruise for our family on CB departing 12/10/06. My son may not be able to go but we will know that at least 4-5 months prior to sailing. How difficult would it be for me to change his ticket to a friend of my daughters if that becomes necessary? Would I have to cancel his ticket and then book a new reservation for my daughter's friend? Just trying to figure out what I might need to do in order to prepare.

Thanks for your help

Louise

You have until final payment to change the name on the booking although one person on the booking cannot be changed. In other words, if A and B are on the booking, you can change the name of B with no problem but you cannot change the name of A.

Once final payment is made, there is a $50 name change fee. If there is any possibility of cancellations, you should seriously consider cruise insurance. That'll give you peace of mind that if someone can't go at the last minute, you're covered.

Last year we had the on again off again routine - In a cabin for 4 we first took off SIL, then after final payment he wanted to go so to put him back on we had to call Customer Service as when our TA tried to do it they Princess refused saying the ship was full. But we had a cabin for 4 with only 3 in it.

They conceded and added him back on, then 1 week before Grandson decided he could not miss school so he dropped off. We did not get any money back, but had to cancel him at the Dock, took a little time but not to much trouble. Then granddaughters wanted to switch cabins so had pursers office change their cards - actually giving them one for each cabin, so they switched almost daily. Sleeping in either cabin, I felt sorry for our cabin attendant not knowing how many beds to make up each night, 4 in one and 2 in the other or 3 in each. Finally left him notes on mirror as to who is where.

But mainly we had no problem switching names especially before final payment, then after just a few hassels but no $50 payment extra.

Archived