Avalon Covid test prior to returning to USA?

pmatawan

It is my understanding that Avalon will pay for and administer the required Covid test prior to returning to the USA.

We plan on staying an additional day post cruise, does anyone know if that test will still be valid?

Can't get through to Avalon, their CS is overwhelmed for obvious reasons,,,,,thought someone here might know....

We're on an Avalon cruise now.  It will depend on how long you stay after the cruise.  Our cruise director mentioned the testing the other day, stating that those who were going to be spending time in Europe after the cruise may not be getting it with the ship depending on how long they're staying.  I think if it will qualify for the 72 hour rule you should be fine.  

I got back a week ago from an Avalon cruise. We spent 2 days pre-cruise and flew back to the US on day of disembarkation (Monday Aug 30). The tests were all administered the morning of the day before disembarkation (Sunday Aug 29) so that it covered anyone who stayed 2 days post-cruise, through end of day Wednesday (Sep 1). And yes, Avalon paid for the test.

We are leaving the ship on Friday and spending a night in Budapest before flying home Saturday.  The cruise director said the test will be performed the day we are leaving the ship.  You will supply an email address and results will be emailed to you.

10 hours ago, PRNole47 said:

I got back a week ago from an Avalon cruise. We spent 2 days pre-cruise and flew back to the US on day of disembarkation (Monday Aug 30). The tests were all administered the morning of the day before disembarkation (Sunday Aug 29) so that it covered anyone who stayed 2 days post-cruise, through end of day Wednesday (Sep 1). And yes, Avalon paid for the test.

4 hours ago, Travelw said:

We are leaving the ship on Friday and spending a night in Budapest before flying home Saturday.  The cruise director said the test will be performed the day we are leaving the ship.  You will supply an email address and results will be emailed to you.

Thanks for the info. Looks like my 1 extra day will not be an issue.

Our cruise director stated tonight that our ship has certified staff who will administer the test the day of disembarkation and it will be run on the ship. The results are then sent to a German lab company to be certified and the official results emailed back to the ship and to you in two hours. 

22 hours ago, ljandgb said:

Our cruise director stated tonight that our ship has certified staff who will administer the test the day of disembarkation and it will be run on the ship. The results are then sent to a German lab company to be certified and the official results emailed back to the ship and to you in two hours. 

Exactly how mine worked on the Danube, except I was the sole pax who did not get my results emailed to me (input entry error on labs' part) so CD printed out a paper copy of my results from her records for me to use at airport.