Covid Cancellation & FCC Cruise Change - Kudos to MSC Telephone Rep

amygutman

Yes...the wait to get to a phone rep was about 20 minutes, but I just had the most professional and easy interaction with MSC.

We finally threw up our hands to cancel our long-awaiting Sept 26th Divina cruise as Bermuda continues to change it's quarantine and testing policies. I was expecting a nightmare getting FCC, but the rep was awesome. Told me I had a year to make changes but advised me that if I had any idea when we wanted to cruise again, to book now...with so many cancellations, the prices are excellent. We booked a 7 night MSC Seashore YC Deluxe Suite Western Caribbean for about 2K more than a 4 night Divina Bahamas in the Royal Suite. We didn't really lose anything as our original promotion was similar to a current promotion. 

Advice: you could take the FCC and book a cruise later, but because we had an idea of when we wanted to travel, and from which port, the rep was able to immediately transfer the full Divina payment from September's cruise right to the June cruise. Took maybe 15 minutes total (and that was mostly picking the room / floor). Could not have been more satisfied.

Hope this is helpful for anyone who unfortunately finds themselves in the same Covid pickle. 

Warmest, Amy