What's better?.....PLan our pre-cruise week in Alaska thru Cruise line or independently ?

zdad59

I think this questions depends a lot on your own personality. There are pros and cons of each one and different people will prefer different things. I know I am impatient and don't like waiting on groups of people and would prefer to do things at my own pace (usually fast). I also don't mind planning and my husband doesn't mind driving. We also are always looking for the best deal on everything. So DIY is for us. 

On the other hand, some people get really stressed doing things on their own and the anxiety of travel would ruin their trip. The extra cost is worth it for the comfort of everything being taken care of. Also,  some people are more social and love the chance to travel with a big group. 

I think you need to decide which is best for you based on your personality. Both options will allow you to see and do great things. Picture yourself traveling: with your group in a car or on a big tour bus. Go with your gut- which sounds more enjoyable to you?