laptops in cabin

LDinCT

I read somewhere- that laptops could be used for internet in cabin. Cabins have internet access? Or was this only for the Vista class?

btw - just got my docs today for the 3/15 Zaandam and they were quite hefty. What are they leather, they smell like leather or is it expensive vinyl? Just used to edocs on RCI, haven't gotten the whole shebang in awhile. Saw Curacao was 90' yesterday, that would be nice.

LDinCT

I used my iBook in my cabin last week on the Oosterdam. It's dialup, so it's just dirt-slow, but it makes it far more cost effective to go online, retrieve your email, then go offline and type out your replies. I believe it was 50 cents per minute. Worked well, and I'd do it again.

You might be able to access your laptop via the ship's wireless network, depending upon where your cabin is relative to the "hot spots". My cabin on Statendam was one deck under the Lido pool and across from the Neptune Lounge, and I was able to access both from inside the room and out on the balcony.

The wireless configuration is different on every ship, but it appears new locations are being added frequently. It is a nice surprise if you can access it from your cabin, but you can't plan on it.

Archived