Spa question - what should I get the wife?

large9965

First, let me thank the cruise gurus on this board for all the good info. First time cruiser and after reading this board feel like an expert.

Going on Sensation in June w/8 and 10 yr old daughters and wife. Kids and I are psyched, my wife is...apprehensive, she gets motion sick in long car rides and planes. Since this would not have been her first choice as far as family vacations go, I want to surpirse her with a nice Spa experience on ship.

Ladies, what should it be ?

Thanks....

I would book the his and hers massage together. My husband and I are going to do that one. When I was on the Princess Star I did the best massage package, it was in a room lit with candles and a bath filled with rose petels and I soaked in that for a half hour then on to the massage bed for a full body and facial. It was a two hour dream. Iam not sure if they have anything like this but if so it is worth every penny. Hope this helps

Cunard

Norwegian Wind 3/01

Royal Caribbean Monarch Of The Seas 11/02

Star Princess 4/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Carnival Conquest 6/13/04

The other thing I would do is that I would tell the maseuse (sp???) that you don't want to buy any treatments - and please to not give you any sales pitches during your treatment. When I get someone in the spa who complies with this wish, I tip a little extra in cash right before I leave. (I usually tip about the same amount as the required tip as shown on the receipt.)

catwalk4.gif

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

catwalk3.gif

What a great idea you have! I am sure your wife will enjoy any treatment or package you give to her.

I am a big fan of a massage - a little indulgence that goes a long way! Soothing atmosphere, music, candles.....ahhhh!

Another fabulous treatment is a pedicure, especially if you will be walking a lot on excursions. A little foot massage and some nail polish can revive you!

Have fun!

Ally

Imagination....July 29, 2004

Brilliance of the Seas....June 2003

Hey, Large......GOOD MAN!!!

I love you already...

Depending on what 'she' likes, maybe you should tell her to 'pick' anything she wants..(sometimes that goes a LONG way, if ya know what i mean..)LOL

Sensation 5/15/2004

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Everyone is a big fan of Massages....but some are not...check to see if the ship has a RASUL room...this is a couples massage w/ no attendants....just mud ....steam...shower and oils...we enjoyed it........

Hair, pedicure, facial....just going there is great....but don't do a wrap....had my toxins removed on a cruise once and it was not so good....lets just say when they remove them they are not lifted from your skin.....toxins are in your body and must leave thru the traditional methods of other waste!!!!!!!!!

As for her motion sickness....get her the arm bands........they are great...they have a button that hits a pressure point....get 2 pair so that one can dry out after swimming....only drawback is they are most attractive in pictures!!!!!!!!

puppy_tea_e0.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

till the ELATION on Margaret's 21st B-day

Arm bands are a great suggestion, but also, please tell your wife not to worry too much.

I get car sick very easily and yet I have little difficulty with sea sickness. On one cruise I got a bit woozy when the water was very rough due to a storm, but it passed after one night.

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

I dont think the Sensation has a Rasual Room. But can tell you about the hot tub located in the Gym area. When I sailed on the Sensation I went to the gym area every evening an hour before dinner. No one was ever in there. The water is extremly relaxing. They have piped in easy listening music. After I got done soaking in there I went to take a shower in the gym. Each shower has 6 shower heads. I never in my life felt so relaxed.

Try this with your wife at least once night before dinner. (its free and what a nice way to spend time)

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

HI! That is such a great idea! My last cruise

we went to the Spa information session and they gave tons of prizes! My husband won a 1 hour full body massage. He loved it! I booked a massage but I guess the spa wasn't very busy because they had some great specials. 1 1/2 hour combo massage and facial was only $65 so I did it twice! Watch the Carnival Capers for specials! Have fun!

Cherie~

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;22;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Cruise To Glory

the Rasul was on RCCL but I was lead to beleive it was pretty common in the spas....perhaps they are on the newer ships....it never hurts to ask....it was very nice

puppy_tea_e0.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

till the ELATION on Margaret's 21st B-day

Archived