Adding prepaid gratuities while booking online?

craig01020

Going to summary on my cruise, one of the options is to pre-pay service charges. It shows after I did the booking.   Haven't done this yet but plan to do so as the cruise gets closer (May, 2022).

Would do a screen shot, but don't have that much technological expertise - lol

Edited by mduffy1834
  • Thanks 1

I'm asking because the cruise I'm thinking of booking is about $200 less than my Future Cruise Credit and I'd like to use the FCC to pay for gratuities. I have a hunch that won't be an option after I book. Has anyone else gone into a booked reservation and pre-paid gratuities with their FCC?

It is an option after you book, actually; up until 48 hours before sailing, I believe.  On your MyNCL page, go to the Summary page on the cruise, Pre Pay Services Charges is the third section down (right below Payments.)  Click on the plus sign to expand the section, check the box to prepay, then continue to checkout.  

• Thanks 1

Did a mock booking - no option to pre-pay gratuities.  So, no, you probably can't use the fcc.  That would be too simple and convenient.  

Good luck

BTW - my mock booking was almost $3000 more that what I paid (FCC plus extra) for my 10 day Venice to Barcelona on the Star for next May.  Wow!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craig01020 said:

That's odd that in the EU and Canada you can pay while booking, or should I say whilst booking. 😉

It used to be available on the US website, too, right after you chose/declined insurance.  I guess it disappeared after some update or another.  NCL website is buggy at the best of times 🤨

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I'll try it with different browsers, thanks.

Not sure why but i could find it when I just did a mock booking.  But it is definitely in the vacation summary after you are booked.

I will see if I can find it from a computer rather than a tablet.

Could not find, but I don't know ifbit was after the payment screen, which I can't go that far.

Edited by keep on cruisin
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I'm asking because the cruise I'm thinking of booking is about $200 less than my Future Cruise Credit and I'd like to use the FCC to pay for gratuities. I have a hunch that won't be an option after I book. Has anyone else gone into a booked reservation and pre-paid gratuities with their FCC?

UK cruiser here - thought I would add my experience for anyone on this side of the pond...

I had around £180 FCC left over on my account - although I booked through a travel agent, I called NCL direct and they were able to use it to pre-pay my service charges (£84) and upgrade my internet (£60) for my upcoming cruise.

They do check first that its cash FCC (i.e. the original 100%) and not discount FCC (the bonus 25%) and sadly you can't use it to "buy" onboard credit. 

• Thanks 1