Hotel day passes???

l929

I have been reading the boards and found some older posts about using hotel facilities for the day for a fee. No one was really sure which ones had it. So I am asking the question again. Wyndam, Fairmount, Elbow Beach, and some others.

Also, how long does it take to get to these hotels by taxi from Kings Wharf? and is it ridiculously expensive? Is it possible to rent a car? We are travelling with a 16 month old and almost 3 year old as well as my mother, so the ferry to the bus sounds a little too much for us.

Thanks for any responses!

Oh, and another issue that wasnt really resolved was if you bought the pass does it let you use all facilities including their beach, and which of these hotels have beaches right on the property vs. having to take a ferry or someother kind of transport over??

I'm not sure why you'd want to get a day pass. If you are worried about facilities i.e. chairs, umbrella, food and bathrooms then your best bet is probably horseshoe beach which has full services. Although the main beach might be too much for the little ones there is the little baby cove just to the right of the entrance that is very sheltered and shallow that would be perfect.

Many of the resorts on the beach are right next to a public beach with just an invisible line running along the sand. At Elbow beach there is a guy renting out umbrellas and chairs on the public beach but no restroom. We go up to the restaurant to buy lunch and use the faciliteis when we're there- and it works out fine. I've seen similar things at other resorts- provided you are buying food and/or drink. Again however your best bet would probably be horseshoe since we try to limit ourselves to lunchtime "visits" which may be hard for little ones.

With little ones I would just take a cab to the beach although the buses are great its probably not worth the hassle. There is no need to take a ferry first- you can take a cab from either Dockyard or Hamilton . It seems to me that there are always cabs waiting at the end of the day as well.

Thanks,

I guess I just feel at a hotel we will have all the facilities we need, chairs, umbrellas, we like to have food and drinks served to us on the beach if possible, I dont even know if they do that there, its just easier than packing up to go eat somewhere w/the kids. But, if its the same beach, I see what you are saying. I did read that Wyndam has a water park, but it may be too much for my little ones. I also read that the beach at snorkel park right in Kings Wharf has facilities as well. Just feel that its there just for cruisers and not really Bermuda. We will be there for 2 days so we may do that one day.

Thanks again.

That is what I'm trying to figure out. I've read that it is and ranges from 50-75 pp, but I want to know for sure. I tried calling the hotel and got voice mail, I think the hotel is closed for the season. We are going the end of May 5/28 and will be in Bermuda 5/30-31

found the web site for the wyndam and went to "contact us"....told them (in an email) that i'm going to be in bermuda at the end of june and do they ever offer a day pass to cruisers. basically i was told that you have to call them 30 days before you arrive and then based on hotel occupancy determines whether they will sell you a day pass.

the phone number they gave me is...

441 238 8122 and to ask for ken wainwright.

go for it!!! i'll be calling in may!!

Wow, I'm must be a moron! I couldnt find the email address on the website. Unless it was on their main site, I was looking on the Bermuda hotel's site I guess. Thanks so much. I will be calling on 4/29!

Archived