Encore 9/11

Wink87

I believe the gondola goes between wilderness landing and adventure landing with adventure landing being closest to the cannery complex. We docked at Adventure Landing which may be why the gondola wasn't running. Hope I got that right but you can google a map of icy straight point.  It is a bit of a walk to the cannery but they did have trams for the disabled (not to be confused with the tram that goes to Hoonah)

To get to the tram that goes to Hoonah, you basically walk through the cannery complex and will find the ticket building out back

1 hour ago, Brickwood said:

I believe the gondola goes between wilderness landing and adventure landing with adventure landing being closest to the cannery complex. We docked at Adventure Landing which may be why the gondola wasn't running. Hope I got that right but you can google a map of icy straight point.  It is a bit of a walk to the cannery but they did have trams for the disabled (not to be confused with the tram that goes to Hoonah)

To get to the tram that goes to Hoonah, you basically walk through the cannery complex and will find the ticket building out back

Thanks for clearing this up. I was wondering how you got from Wilderness to Adventure with no gondolas. Glad to hear they still use Adventure as well. It is nice that they have the tram to take disabled folks from dock to cannery. 

It was foggy in parts but that’s where the wind collided from north and south. Views were good other than a clouds at high elevations that kept you from seeing the peaks. 
Pictures do not do it justice it is some thing you really have to see.
Bring binoculars, good ones, so much you can’t see. One example was one brown bear(only one we

saw)on the beach the ranger pointed out. Looked like a dot. 
Another we were trying to figure out what one of the sounds we were hearing was and it was a waterfall coming down the side of the rock. We didn’t know until we looked with binoculars as you couldn’t tell there was that much water racing down the face from a distance. 

Edited by leumas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leumas said:

It was foggy in parts but that’s where the wind collided from north and south. Views were good other than a clouds at high elevations that kept you from seeing the peaks. 
Pictures do not do it justice it is some thing you really have to see.
Bring binoculars, good ones, so much you can’t see. One example was one brown bear(only one we

saw)on the beach the ranger pointed out. Looked like a dot. 
Another we were trying to figure out what one of the sounds we were hearing was and it was a waterfall coming down the side of the rock. We didn’t know until we looked with binoculars as you couldn’t tell there was that much water racing down the face from a distance. 

Sooo looking forward to my turn on the 25th! Is Choir of Man performing on your cruise?

13 hours ago, Wink87 said:

The walk from ship to excursion busses at Ward Cove may be a bit much for dh. Do they provide a cart ride for semi disabled? TIA

I saw crew bringing wheelchairs and helping people with mobility issues off and on the ship so probably a matter of inquiring with guest services

On 9/14/2021 at 5:04 PM, Wink87 said:

Sooo looking forward to my turn on the 25th! Is Choir of Man performing on your cruise?

Unfortunately not. Saw kinky boots and it was far and away the best show I've seen on a cruise ship. Seems many think choir of man is even better so sorry to have missed that