Can I stay on this ship forever???

iluvncl

Quick question for anyone more in the know than myself... I'm so excited to be boarding the Pride in just over a month. The prices have been amazing and I kinda want to book multiple weeks. But. I need daily reliable internet access for my job and I can't really not work for weeks. I've heard mixed reviews on the wifi including what time of day, where on the ship, etc. If the wifi is decent, however, I'd love to do a B2B, but I really won't know until I'm there. So, is it possible to book a second week while onboard? Thanks for your expertise in advance!

It may be possible to do that, but usually the ships are fully booked several weeks in advance of sailing. You would be taking a chance. 

Internet access is better on newer ships because the latest distribution gear is on those ships, ie Vista forward. 

It is almost always delevered via sattelite and the fat pipes we have all become used to with land based internet is just not available, and it is quite variable depending on location and higher traffic being used by other clients of the satellite owner. 

There is some good news, however, in many ports the WiFi works quite well. There are pretty good plans available from cellular carriers for international data connections. Just make sure when you connect that you using the shoreside services. If you connect through the ship, you can have a surprise bill coming your way. 

@iluvncl It is true that pre-Covid ships were sold out or close to it. You could probably book a second cruise online during your first cruise if you want to extend. They do not have a future cruise desk onboard. If you do indeed turn it into a B2B, Carnival will spring for the Covid test before the second leg. I've seen posted they give a free drink coupon with your test results for the second leg.

Yeah, I saw that too. The deals are almost too good to pass up right now. I just wasn't sure if you could book a cruise with just 3 or 4 days notice right now with all the weird protocols and such. But I'm super excited to find out (33 days!!!)

seems like I read in a thread months ago that the on board speeds would not support VPN, if that is what you need.

you might try  starting(or renaming if it lets you) a thread specific to internet speeds in the title, to get responses on current speeds being seen on board, from those who have cruised since the restart.