Any recent UK cruisers on Jewel of the Seas?

suekay

We usually book cruise only, but in view of the current situation have booked a fly-cruise package direct with RCCL for the first time. Very few details available so I'm wondering if any recent cruisers can help.

What is the luggage allowance ?

Is it possible to per-book seats on the plane, and if so, how?

Can you check in for the flight online?

Thanks for any help

Also when you arrive at Larnaca airport make sure you get your bus number before leaving the terminal. Just a heads up all food and drinks including water are pay only for a 4-5 hour flight and very expensive so suggest getting your needs in the terminal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nicben said:

Also when you arrive at Larnaca airport make sure you get your bus number before leaving the terminal. Just a heads up all food and drinks including water are pay only for a 4-5 hour flight and very expensive so suggest getting your needs in the terminal.

If there was ever an excuse to buy an extra bag of Percy Pig's then this is it! hahaha

We’re flying on 25 September from Birmingham, and I’m getting rather concerned that we have had no details of flights or transfers at all. We fully checked in some time ago and have a set sail pass, but no other documents are currently available??

I sent another email to my travel agent last night to try and get RCL to release our documentation.

10 minutes ago, Notts1964 said:

We’re flying on 25 September from Birmingham, and I’m getting rather concerned that we have had no details of flights or transfers at all. We fully checked in some time ago and have a set sail pass, but no other documents are currently available??

I sent another email to my travel agent last night to try and get RCL to release our documentation.

From experience of RC fly cruises, and from reading FB posts, this isn't unusual.

All you need to check in at the airport is your passport, Cyprus flight pass and your vaccination details. Flight times should be on your invoice

The only issue is that Birmingham flights have been cancelled and moved to Gatwick/Manchester/Heathrow in previous weeks, with RC letting you know a few days before. So may still be worth getting your TA to confirm the Bham flight for you

We are booked on the last cruise 23rd October, and the Birmingham flight is full as it's half term

4 hours ago, Vegcurry said:

Where do you get your bus number? Do you collect your baggage or does it go straight to the ship? Thanks in advance.

You will see RC reps in the arrivals hall-check in with them and they'll give you a bus number

Your luggage will be taken from you after you have collected it from the carousel, and you'll see it next outside your cabin

Edited by gooners1968
missed words

20 hours ago, Notts1964 said:

For us IT IS unusual, on previous cruises, including fly-cruises we have received the guest ticket booklet via email in good time. On this occasion we had to request to receive it plus it comes with luggage tags.

No idea why RCI are being so lax about sending documents out but if you are booked via a TA, they will refer you back to them.

Bear in mind it is not essential to have them, all you really need to check in at the airport is your passport, completed Cyprus flight pass and your vaccination details.

As mentioned in a previous post, flight times should be on your invoice but we have friends sailing with us who booked direct with RCI, they had to chase up the flight details (there were two flights departing from Manchester one hour apart) its nice to know which flight you are actually on!