The Key, Cancelled for Nov 26?

infoteknerd

I recently received an email from Royal advising that they were cancelling our Key passes for this sailing due to COVID?

Anyone else received this? 

Dear Guest,

We have an important change to share with you regarding your purchase of The Key.

As boarding procedures have changed due to our new health and safety protocols, we must cancel your reservation for The Key. We know how much time and planning goes into a vacation and we're terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused by this last-minute change. We've issued a full refund of The Key to your original form of payment, and you should see it reflected within 30 days. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us here.

Thank you for your understanding. Wishing you a wonderful sailing and looking forward to welcoming you aboard!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

They key was almost the same price ($.60 difference per day) as Surf & Stream on one of my sailings, so it seems like a good deal if you're going to purchase S&S anyway. Granted you need to purchase for everyone in the room over 6 and one may not necessarily do more than 1 S&S package or do more than 1 device which may save some $, but for this price difference, some may see a benefit. Screenshot_20210916-101831_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8331ad18bd0a89da1334f44f3e1ba1a5.jpg

58 minutes ago, cruizzing said:

They key was almost the same price ($.60 difference per day) as Surf & Stream on one of my sailings, so it seems like a good deal if you're going to purchase S&S anyway. Granted you need to purchase for everyone in the room over 6 and one may not necessarily do more than 1 S&S package or do more than 1 device which may save some $, but for this price difference, some may see a benefit. Screenshot_20210916-101831_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8331ad18bd0a89da1334f44f3e1ba1a5.jpg

THIS!  This right here.  We were going to get the internet package anyway and it was cheaper to get the Key plus a few other nice things that go with it.  I am on Allure 10/31 and while it hasn't officially been cancelled yet, it is no longer available to buy.  So now I have to pay more money just for internet.  I need the internet because I'm in grad school and just because I take a vacation doesn't mean school does.  I even have to get the surf and stream because I have to watch lectures.  I'd keep the Key for the price I paid and only have internet for a cheaper amount.  Oh well.  It is what it is.

1 hour ago, cruizzing said:

20 minutes ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

THIS!  This right here.  We were going to get the internet package anyway and it was cheaper to get the Key plus a few other nice things that go with it.  I am on Allure 10/31 and while it hasn't officially been cancelled yet, it is no longer available to buy.  So now I have to pay more money just for internet.  I need the internet because I'm in grad school and just because I take a vacation doesn't mean school does.  I even have to get the surf and stream because I have to watch lectures.  I'd keep the Key for the price I paid and only have internet for a cheaper amount.  Oh well.  It is what it is.

Now you know why the price for the Key was so good.