Internet on Princess

Chip AZ

All Princess ships have wireless (if you bring your own laptop) and desktop computers to use. The cost is .35/minute for both. For wireless, you need to purchase minutes in a block of 30 minutes.

Wireless is usually just in the atrium area or depending on the ship, in the internet cafe area. Internet is not available in the cabins (some Grand Suites have them but that is it).

Welcome to Princess :)

I have not seen any offers for unlimited packages for wireless internet. The only way to get unlimited internet is to get up to Platinum status or Elite status where you can use the internet cafe for free throughout the cruise.

$10.50? an hour is not a bad price for a cruise ship. On other lines it can be a lot more expensive. Hopefully they can sell at least a block for a day or have a ticker to add to your account.

How fast is it? I know you can't expect the same speed as wireless on land. But speed varies from line to line and is getting better all the time.

$10.50? an hour is not a bad price for a cruise ship. On other lines it can be a lot more expensive. Hopefully they can sell at least a block for a day or have a ticker to add to your account.

How fast is it? I know you can't expect the same speed as wireless on land. But speed varies from line to line and is getting better all the time.

It is $10.50 for 30 minutes. You must buy blocks for wireless but they charge you per minute on their desktop computers.

I always use their computers because I am Platinum and get free internet. As far as speed, it can be anything from not working, incredibly slow or actually decent speeds. It can vary and location does make a difference. There are times in Alaska where the satellite connection is not very good. Not sure on your trip if there are any obstacles.

You can always test the speed of the internet on their desktop computers by launching http://www.princess.com - this is free. If this loads quickly, it is safe to login. If it doesn't load quickly, it is best to try later.

Platinum refers to your "Captain's Circle" membership status. People who have completed 2-5 cruises are "Gold", people who have completed 6-15 cruises are "Platinum" and people with 16 or more cruises are "Elite". It's like a frequent flier program on the water.

price for wireless is the same for wired. we couldn't get their wirelss to work on our laptop. they sell wireless in $10 increments. and the wireless only works right by the library/internet cafe (on the grand) so its pretty pointless. leave the laptop at home.

It's funny how different cruise lines treat internet. For like $75 a day Crystal would set up a stateroom dialup connection and you could be online, all the time. That was a lot of money but for those tied to the internet because of work or finance, they got it. For more money they would rent you a laptop that used an ethernet connection, which was pretty fast. As long as the ship wasn't in a dead spot.

I run a website that works a lot better when I use my own laptop. It's new enough that I don't have a problem with wireless connections. Worked fine all over England. So about $20 a day at night isn't a bad deal. It was still a plus to surf the net in your cabin at night. This all keeps getting better and cheaper though as the technology improves.

Was on the Golden Princess last week. Internet connection was very very slow. Several people complained that tehy waited 15 minutes and longer for response. Purser's desk was giving cedits to any internet user that went to them. $.35 a minute is not bad but only if it works

We were on the Coral last year and used their computers. 35 cents a minute billed in one minute increments.

This year were were on the Norwegian Spirit and had to buy a plan for our wireless (would have had a buy a plan if we used their computer too). $55 for 100 minutes and an activation charge of about $3-$4.00

We thought Princess was much more reasonable.

Archived