Liveish review of Divina's first cruise back

smplybcause

GymHi everyone! I'm on Divina's first cruise back and first cruise out of Port Canaveral. I got internet included in my package so I can post... remains to be seen how much I will. 

Checkin wasn't the best because the computers went down right when we got to the front of the line. So it took a lot longer to checkin, but once I got to the guy it was pretty quick. Passport, test, card ticket, health survey, photo, done. You deal with your account online. 

Everyone was so nice getting on board. They were very glad we're back. 

Just now, 98Charlie said:

Thanks for the post! Hope you have a great cruise.

Those of us waiting for our sail date to arrive (Oct 3 for us) are interested in the good, the bad and well hope there's no ugly.

The checkin wasn't the best but hopefully that's the ugliest it gets! 

Lucky you! I’m watching from Fish Lips. Strange to see nobody out on starboard balconies. How many passengers? I’m sailing her in 10 days. So have fun and keep her GREEN 😊. Look forward to your updates.

So muster is slightly altered. You go back to your cabin to watch a video (5pm on this sailing). Though it hasn't started yet so I'm assuming they're still ushering people back to their cabins since I saw people walking up to the pool deck. 

After you go to your muster station to check in. 

A bit nicer because it's inside. Waiting to see if the station is a cluster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

GymHi everyone! I'm on Divina's first cruise back and first cruise out of Port Canaveral. I got internet included in my package so I can post... remains to be seen how much I will. 

Checkin wasn't the best because the computers went down right when we got to the front of the line. So it took a lot longer to checkin, but once I got to the guy it was pretty quick. Passport, test, card ticket, health survey, photo, done. You deal with your account online. 

Everyone was so nice getting on board. They were very glad we're back. 

Nice double tugboat water salute!

• Like 1

Late dinner. Odd in that it's pretty empty but they have 10+ people shoved into an elevated area that's like  6' x 25' when all the tables surrounding us are empty. 

FYI they're very heavy on the QR codes for menus. Though the pool bar have gave me a printed version when my phone wasn't working.

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

FYI they're very heavy on the QR codes for menus. Though the pool bar have gave me a printed version when my phone wasn't working.

That's a bummer! We don't pay for wifi on the ship. It's detox for the whole family. Lol They will need to be getting out the paper menus for us.

Thank you for your live review! We will be on the 10/10 sailing.

6 minutes ago, PyrHeaven said:

That's a bummer! We don't pay for wifi on the ship. It's detox for the whole family. Lol They will need to be getting out the paper menus for us.

Thank you for your live review! We will be on the 10/10 sailing.

I don't believe you have to pay for wifi to get it. I got free wifi with the deal when I booked (only reason I'm doing this, don't pay for wifi) so I'm not 100%, but I'm guessing it's just like Royal where you can still get the menus without paying for wifi.

• Like 2

Thanks for the information, and enjoy your cruise. We will be on the Divina on 10/3. We've been on the Divina twice before; it's a beautiful ship. I was on the Carnival Mardi Gras on 9/4 and saw the Divina offshore as we were leaving the port. Really glad that MSC is again cruising from Florida.

I'll be following your posts for all the news from your cruise!

So my first time with MSC, but I'm assuming they were similar to other brands before covid. Now they just ask for your room number when ordering a drink. Sometimes they'll ask to see it but no one has taken my card for any drink order. So start memorizing your cabin number! 

Also the easy package has a bit more than previous. Not as much as when it switches over this fall, but better than before covid according to the friend I'm cruising with. If I remember I'll post the menu.

Oh and upgrading from easy to premium for a 3 day cruise was $82 and change including the 15% gratuity. Most drinks are covered but there is a specialty cocktail list that is only covered if you do premium plus. 

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

So my first time with MSC, but I'm assuming they were similar to other brands before covid. Now they just ask for your room number when ordering a drink. Sometimes they'll ask to see it but no one has taken my card for any drink order. So start memorizing your cabin number! 

Also the easy package has a bit more than previous. Not as much as when it switches over this fall, but better than before covid according to the friend I'm cruising with. If I remember I'll post the menu.

Oh and upgrading from easy to premium for a 3 day cruise was $82 and change including the 15% gratuity. Most drinks are covered but there is a specialty cocktail list that is only covered if you do premium plus. 

On my Divina Cruise I got the Wifi and Easy Drink package included in my promo. My confirmation says we have to pay tips for the drinks? Have you confirmed that? Im not a drinker but I was hoping to get a few here and there since it would be free but not going to be interested if have to pay tips on them too since I dont really want the drinks anyways. Thank you

6 hours ago, 919Florida said:

On my Divina Cruise I got the Wifi and Easy Drink package included in my promo. My confirmation says we have to pay tips for the drinks? Have you confirmed that? Im not a drinker but I was hoping to get a few here and there since it would be free but not going to be interested if have to pay tips on them too since I dont really want the drinks anyways. Thank you

That’s interesting that your confirmation says you have to pay tips on drinks 

We have WiFi and Easy Plus package included in our upcoming Divina cruise and I’m not seeing anything about tips mentioned.
Maybe I’m just missing it somewhere. Where in your confirmation does it say that?