$50 + $50 wording changed

alyssamma

Looks like MSC has changed the wording for Voyager sailings. Looks like basic members don't get 2x points and there is only a single $50 given.

Old wording:

As a loyal MSC Voyagers Club member, we're awarding you with the always available 5% off PLUS an additional 15% off your cruise fare. What's more? Get up to €/$50 per person onboard credit to use during your cruise, PLUS you'll earn double points! If you are a Silver, Gold or Diamond member, you'll earn an additional €/$50 per person onboard credit to use during your cruise. 

New wording:

We've taken our best deal for MSC Voyagers Club members and made it even better! Book any cruise from summer 2021 through Winter 2021-2022 from the Voyages Selection Departures and you'll get a 15% + 5% DISCOUNT!

Whether you escape to The Bahamas or Caribbean, journey through the Mediterranean or Northern Europe, or explore the Emirates, you'll find amazing discounts on our Voyages Selection Departures. 

If you’re a Silver, Gold or Diamond member over 18 years of age, you can enjoy discounted cruises, up to $/€ 50 pp onboard credit and double membership points for the type of experience chosen. Points will be assigned at the end of the cruise.

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Looks like MSC has changed the wording for Voyager sailings. Looks like basic members don't get 2x points and there is only a single $50 given.

Old wording:

As a loyal MSC Voyagers Club member, we're awarding you with the always available 5% off PLUS an additional 15% off your cruise fare. What's more? Get up to €/$50 per person onboard credit to use during your cruise, PLUS you'll earn double points! If you are a Silver, Gold or Diamond member, you'll earn an additional €/$50 per person onboard credit to use during your cruise. 

New wording:

We've taken our best deal for MSC Voyagers Club members and made it even better! Book any cruise from summer 2021 through Winter 2021-2022 from the Voyages Selection Departures and you'll get a 15% + 5% DISCOUNT!

Whether you escape to The Bahamas or Caribbean, journey through the Mediterranean or Northern Europe, or explore the Emirates, you'll find amazing discounts on our Voyages Selection Departures. 

If you’re a Silver, Gold or Diamond member over 18 years of age, you can enjoy discounted cruises, up to $/€ 50 pp onboard credit and double membership points for the type of experience chosen. Points will be assigned at the end of the cruise.

I never did see the "old wording".  When and where did you get that?  For as long as I've had my status match (4 weeks or so), it's been the "new wording" under the Deals descriptions.  

42 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I never did see the "old wording".  When and where did you get that?  For as long as I've had my status match (4 weeks or so), it's been the "new wording" under the Deals descriptions.  

There's a long thread (maybe 2?) discussing this very thing...should you get $50 or $100 for the Voyager sailings? It was fairly recent.

I can say this...I got it for my 8/23 sailing on Meraviglia which I booked on 7/27...so the "old" was there fairly recently.

I also got it added to my Seashore cruise maybe a month ago...but that cruise was booked last November. At the time of booking I only got $50, so called them to get the added $50.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Old wording:

New wording:

Well paint my ass red and take me to the circus; if that isn't seven shades of suck!

I'll see if my TA can finesse this, so we can be guaranteed the earlier double points. (Doubt it, though.) Double YC points and leapfrogging over Silver to land in Gold would make all the COVID "embellishments" worthwhile.

Without the doubling... Meh. We'll probably cancel and avail ourselves of another cruise line.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, no1talks said:

Well paint my ass red and take me to the circus; if that isn't seven shades of suck!

I'll see if my TA can finesse this, so we can be guaranteed the earlier double points. (Doubt it, though.) Double YC points and leapfrogging over Silver to land in Gold would make all the COVID "embellishments" worthwhile.

Without the doubling... Meh. We'll probably cancel and avail ourselves of another cruise line.

I think it depends on when you booked it. If you booked it under the old terms you should get the 2x...

But honestly, since you are in the YC, Gold is pretty meaningless. Diamond gets you the dinner and the ship...but there really isn't anything Gold gets you that you don't already get via the YC.

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I think it depends on when you booked it. If you booked it under the old terms you should get the 2x...

But honestly, since you are in the YC, Gold is pretty meaningless. Diamond gets you the dinner and the ship...but there really isn't anything Gold gets you that you don't already get via the YC.

Ah, but I'm playing the "long game" you see.

We had in mind to be Gold-plated for a Northern European cruise in '23, in case we're on a ship without YC, like Magnifica or Orchestra. (I don't get to pick the itinerary on this one.) Gold status would spiff things up a bit on an otherwise pedestrian room "experience" and give us priority in the event we have a tendered port.

If, as you suggest, we're still golden (and Golden) we'll crack on as planned. Otherwise, I'll have to insist the '23 Euro cruise be on Preziosa, Grandiosa, etc.

Even if I can successfully insist on a Euro YC-equipped ship, I'm none-to-pleased with what I read about their take on YC. Honestly, isn't one free Toblerone in the minibar, with refills charged, against the Geneva Conventions or something?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, no1talks said:

Ah, but I'm playing the "long game" you see.

We had in mind to be Gold-plated for a Northern European cruise in '23, in case we're on a ship without YC, like Magnifica or Orchestra. (I don't get to pick the itinerary on this one.) Gold status would spiff things up a bit on an otherwise pedestrian room "experience" and give us priority in the event we have a tendered port.

If, as you suggest, we're still golden (and Golden) we'll crack on as planned. Otherwise, I'll have to insist the '23 Euro cruise be on Preziosa, Grandiosa, etc.

Even if I can successfully insist on a Euro YC-equipped ship, I'm none-to-pleased with what I read about their take on YC. Honestly, isn't one free Toblerone in the minibar, with refills charged, against the Geneva Conventions or something?

Gotcha...I completely understand. We're on the Poesia in July next year...no YC. Great itinerary is the only reason we're sailing non-YC. In that case, being Diamond (or even Gold) makes a difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shoprat48092 said:

I still get this on their website after you click the link for the 5 +15% discount 

Screenshot_20210919-143532_Opera.jpg

Can you give a link to that?  Edit:  I found it.  Not surprising the language is different depending on where you click.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Can you give a link to that?  Edit:  I found it.  Not surprising the language is different depending on where you click.

LOL, not surprising at all. You're also on mobile...I looked on desktop.

Get the extra $50 and double points while it lasts...

Edit: just checked the desktop site and it's back to the old wording...weird. Again, grab it while it lasts...

Edited by alyssamma

20 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Now *that* is MSC in a nutshell...

• Like 1