Talkeetna Air Taxi on Toursaver

tempoct

Hi,

Thinking of doing the tour (seems to be for 7PM tour only). The tour should last about 2 hrs, including glacier landing.

Any comment on this tour? Is it worth it?

Also, it should be around 9PM something. Is it possible to get to Denali at that night? I will not rental car or anything. Looking for a bus or train so I can arrive the lodge in Denali area (any B&B to recommend?).

:)

Hi,

Thinking of doing the tour (seems to be for 7PM tour only). The tour should last about 2 hrs, including glacier landing.

Any comment on this tour? Is it worth it?

Also, it should be around 9PM something. Is it possible to get to Denali at that night? I will not rental car or anything. Looking for a bus or train so I can arrive the lodge in Denali area (any B&B to recommend?).

:)

Tempoct, The above tour won't work for you if you are wanting to stay in the Denali area. Talkeetna Air Taxi is out of Talkeetna. Talkeetna around 150 miles from Denali. It won't work by rail because there's only one rail option and it has a set schedule. The train leaves Talkeetna daily at 11:05am and arrives in Denali at 3:45pm. Here's a link to the Alaska Railroad schedule: http://www.alaskarailroad.com/arrc18.html.

In reading several of your posts I really do feel you need to get a good basic Alaska guide book and do some research. Doing an independent tour is a great way to experience Alaska however you need to do your homework and make a plan. It is possible to do an independent tour using the trains, but since there's one rail with set times daily, you have to plan your stays and excursions using that time frame.

Hope this helps!

Yes Talkeetna Air taxi gives a great tour. And I agree, get your self to the library, take out Fodor's Alaska and Frommer's Alaska, get an Alaska Map. Determine how many days you have and then post your priorities, I'll set you up in the right direction for independent travel which will be the highlight of your Alaska experience. :)

Archived