Walgreens ID Now Test Results

Fla Mike

After all the stress of getting a test appointment and reading all the info here on CC our testing day finally arrived this morning.

We will be leaving on the Magic this Thursday (Sept 23), so today was the day.

Yes, we are fully vaccinated.

We live on the Florida treasure Coast.

I originally had made an appointment with Quest, but when everything changed to two days, they could not guarantee results on time.

It was time to look at CVS and Walgreens...

The closest CVS offering a rapid test for us was 40 miles away and they would take an appointment 2 weeks out, so I made the appointment.

Walgreens would only take appointments 3 days out, but they were down the block.

I was concerned that Carnival would not accept this test but our neighbors kids were on the Magic two weeks ago and did this same Walgreens test and had no problem.

Awaking at  1 AM Saturday morning, I made the appointments, and cancelled CVS.

Our appointments was at 9:30 and 9:45 respectively.

We showed up at the drive-through at 9:15 and we able to begin. They checked out ID, and never asked for any proof of insurance.

Cost $0

For the both of us took all of 10 minutes, maybe. We were home again by 9:30.

By 10AM we both received our email link.

Below is a shot of the results.

I wanted to share this in case anyone had any doubts.

This was quick and easy.

Now it's time to get ready for a Guy's burger and A Thirsty Frog!!!

Walgreens Test.JPG

Edited by Fla Mike
  • Like 19

Dido Fla Mike; DW and I had the same experience today. A huge thanks to the folks at Walgreens in Port Orange for their quick, easy and efficient testing procedures.

10:45am tests completed; 11:50am two negative test results. Nothing but a short drive to PC Thursday morning and finally back to cruising! 

See ya on board!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

Are you all 100% sure this test is acceptable for cruising ?

We got our tests done today at Walmart/Quest and CVS, both are Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)

They say 1-2 or 3 day turn around.

Sweating bullets here.

The ID Now test is a molecular test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

Are you all 100% sure this test is acceptable for cruising ?

We got our tests done today at Walmart/Quest and CVS, both are Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)

They say 1-2 or 3 day turn around.

Sweating bullets here.

I realize YMMV, but after our experience on the Mardi Gras 2 weeks ago, I'm now convinced that everyone on CC is way over stressing the testing requirements. Yes you need a test, but there is no way they looked at our 4 tests long enough to see anything other than our names, the date, and the word "negative."  I can't even promise they looked at close enough or long enough to even check that out. I handed the Carnival rep all 4 tests and all 4 vax cards and had them back in under 60 seconds. 

5 minutes ago, geaux_aces said:

I realize YMMV, but after our experience on the Mardi Gras 2 weeks ago, I'm now convinced that everyone on CC is way over stressing the testing requirements. Yes you need a test, but there is no way they looked at our 4 tests long enough to see anything other than our names, the date, and the word "negative."  I can't even promise they looked at close enough or long enough to even check that out. I handed the Carnival rep all 4 tests and all 4 vax cards and had them back in under 60 seconds. 

Did they make a copy or scan the documents?

1 minute ago, Ohio Bucki said:

Did they make a copy or scan the documents?

So in the new Port Canaveral Terminal you check it at one of many round bar-top style tables. Each table has a Carnival Rep all with iPads. Could she have scanned my docs with that iPad? I guess so, but I never saw her do it. Seems like the docs were given a cursory glance and handed back to me. Our passports were scanned with a reader on the iPad.  I even remarked to my wife after being checked in that I feel 100% certain I could have faked all of those documents and been fine (this is not an endorsement to do so, just a statement of my opinion of the process). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, geaux_aces said:

I'm now convinced that everyone on CC is way over stressing the testing requirements.

This ^^^

After all the worrying I did over this, I'm done.

The Walgreens test is fine... and it cost me nothing.

You can bet I will be using it again for our cruise in November.

• Like 4

I think what people are stressing about is media controlled.

• The media has stated there is a shortage of tests available
  • The media has stated that the turnaround time for results is longer: 2-3 days instead of 1-2
  • The media has scared people into believing they will get covid.

I understand it. Our problem is we cannot take more days off work to get tested. If we could, the rapid test result is how we would have gone. Unfortunately, we could not take time off work or school Thursday or Friday to have it done for a Saturday cruise. Much easier to do the at home test for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, geaux_aces said:

I'm now convinced that everyone on CC is way over stressing the testing requirements.

You can count me in as one of these people.  I am in Washington state and by the time my family flies across the Country to Florida, and stays overnight in a hotel, we have spent a considerable amount of money, just getting to the port.  So, yes the possibility that we could be denied boarding due to an administrative error with the test, or slow test results, is stressful to me.

When we were on Mardi Gras last month, 2 out of the 5 of us did not have our test results back the morning of our cruise, and had to get up at 6 am to wait in line at an urgent care in Orlando for another test.  They finally made it to the ship by that afternoon.

There is definitely a shortage of testing appointments here - even people who have/had symptoms, and need tested to return to work/school are having to wait at least 2 days to get a test appointment.

I'm so thankful for the BinaxNow test, otherwise we couldn't continue to cruise.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, geaux_aces said:

So in the new Port Canaveral Terminal you check it at one of many round bar-top style tables. Each table has a Carnival Rep all with iPads. Could she have scanned my docs with that iPad? I guess so, but I never saw her do it. Seems like the docs were given a cursory glance and handed back to me. Our passports were scanned with a reader on the iPad.  I even remarked to my wife after being checked in that I feel 100% certain I could have faked all of those documents and been fine (this is not an endorsement to do so, just a statement of my opinion of the process). 

All they need is your SS and/or passport info and they know more about you than your other half 🤪

14 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

You can count me in as one of these people.  I am in Washington state and by the time my family flies across the Country to Florida, and stays overnight in a hotel, we have spent a considerable amount of money, just getting to the port.  So, yes the possibility that we could be denied boarding due to an administrative error with the test, or slow test results, is stressful to me.

When we were on Mardi Gras last month, 2 out of the 5 of us did not have our test results back the morning of our cruise, and had to get up at 6 am to wait in line at an urgent care in Orlando for another test.  They finally made it to the ship by that afternoon.

There is definitely a shortage of testing appointments here - even people who have/had symptoms, and need tested to return to work/school are having to wait at least 2 days to get a test appointment.

I'm so thankful for the BinaxNow test, otherwise we couldn't continue to cruise.  

I agree.  I looked into Walgreens and all they had to offer in my area was the PCR test and it said 2-3 days for turnaround time.  I can't (obviously) wait 3 days.

If it wasn't for the home proctored BinaxNow test, I don't know what we would do.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, geaux_aces said:

I think you are 100% correct. I didn't really look at my vaccine card until this morning when I had to enter my shot dates as part of registering for my 2 day pre-cruise covid test. Some card stock and address labels. My wife and I tested positive last November and our official test results were on a copied form it looked like a 6th grader made. No doctor stamp, nothing remotely official looking. 

5 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I think what people are stressing about is media controlled.

• The media has stated there is a shortage of tests available
  • The media has stated that the turnaround time for results is longer: 2-3 days instead of 1-2
  • The media has scared people into believing they will get covid.

I understand it. Our problem is we cannot take more days off work to get tested. If we could, the rapid test result is how we would have gone. Unfortunately, we could not take time off work or school Thursday or Friday to have it done for a Saturday cruise. Much easier to do the at home test for us.

It really matters where you live.  Where I am, we don't have CVS that offer testing and Walgreens has NO tests available.  Also, I did a PCR test last Monday and got the results last night, a week later.

People in other areas are reporting wide open appointments and PCR tests back in a day.  It would be nice if it was consistent nationwide.

Edited by Shayhooper
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

Shortage of tests in my midwest area also.  i check Walgreens weekly for availability on a day that will properly coincide with out Nov test by date.  I watch the Walgreens where test are available drop off like flies then sometime come back the next week and maybe not.  When we tested for our early August cruise there were 6 Walgreens sites with 2-3 miles performing test with good availability of appointments, now only 2 and hard to come by time slots.

That info is not media manufactured but real in my area

• Like 3

I am on the Magic Thursday as well.  Similar experience for us as the OP.  Tuesday appointments opened on Sunday.  When I got up Sunday morning, booked a Tuesday appointment for after a lunch meeting I had scheduled.  Walgreens 2:30 afternoon appointment, arrived at 2:25, waited for 2 cars ahead to pick up prescriptions. At the window around 2:35.  She verified my drivers license, sent the swab out in the drawer.  I swabbed, put it back in the drawer.  She thanked me and told me they would be in contact within 24 hours.  I thanked her, all done in 1 minute.   I had a negative result emailed at 3:26 pm (less than an hour).  No cost.  All set to fly to Orlando tomorrow night.  Ready to cruise!

Edited by tidecruiser
  • Like 3