HAL Hawaii only cruise listed

beachchick

Aloha all. I've just been bopping around on some of the TA websites checking out Hawaii cruises. (Mostly looking at PoH for fall.)

On one site (don't think I can say which one), I did a search for all cruise lines just to see what's out there. One of the cruises listed is a HAL Ryndam 7-night Hawaii only itinerary in April. I double checked the listed itinerary, and it starts and ends in HNL with no "foreign port" listed. There is one sea day, but that's not enough to get anywhere for the required non-US stop.

How can this be true? I'm really curious, not in the cruise per se, just in how HAL could have gotten around US laws to do it.

Anyone have any insights for me?

Mahalo.

beachchick

beachchick - can't find that cruise. Looked on HAL's website, the only Hawaii cruise that the Ryndam is doing in the next 2 years is a 30 day roundtrip from San Diego (including Tahiti - very nice!). Where were you looking? Or can you find that cruise on HAL's website yourself and link us to it?

Spleen

Spleen: I saw it on best price cruises (hope this is okay to write; I'm not recommending, that's just where it came up on the search). I'll check HAL's website to see if I can locate it. That's a good idea. I wonder if they are able to sell the 30 day r/t in "segments" like a world cruise? I'll check and see just for the heck of it.

beachchick

If you are interested in other cruise-lines have a look at Celebrity. They have some 2 week - september/october cruises to Hawaii.

We are counting the days...

Thanks, Ine, but we're really only looking at NCLA. We don't care to do the cruise to or from the mainland. We definitely don't care to do a r/t cruise from and to the mainland. I was just curious to see what the other cruise lines are doing.

beachchick

wwbill4: We had looked at a couple of repos over the years (either spring when they go up to Alaska or fall when they come back), but that many sea days across the Pacific just doesn't appeal to us. When we go to Hawaii, we want to go to Hawaii and be there for the duration. So, even though the repos are only one-way, they are still mainland to/from Hawaii with at least 4 sea days. I know many people love them; they're just not our cup of Kona (so to speak).

But thanks for the thought.

beachchick

Archived