Complaint

Nightingale0208

13 minutes ago, Nightingale0208 said:

Does anyone know where to make a complaint where it will be taken seriously. I'm not trying to get a freebie, money or anything of that nature but I want an acknowledgement that the way we were treated was unacceptable

We made a complaint last year after a cruise on Oceana, we initially complained on board and insisted on getting a letter on board accepting that we we had a justifiable complaint.  When we got home I wrote to customer services with a a copy of the letter from the onboard customer services.  P&O customer services in Southampton did not seem to be interested so I escalated it to Paul Ludlow (head of P&O UK) first but he couldn't be bothered to reply so I then escalated my complaint to the head of  Carnival UK. 

In my experience P&O are not interested in listening to customer complaints.

Good luck with your complaint, as you say it is not about compensation but about getting a problem recognised and hopefully improving service for everyone.

• Like 2

About 4 years ago we had an issue. I filled in the details on my post cruise survey and followed it up with an email to customer services via the form on the website. I didn't expect much but felt better "getting it off my chest". I was amazed to receive a phone call about 3 weeks later where they apologised and agreed that the service on board had fallen below what I should have expected. I got an apology, confirmation that the crew member involved would be spoken to and a lovely hamper (which I priced up at about £100). The hamper was totally unexpected, I just wanted my issue recognised.

Mind you this was before the current situation and I imagine that trying to answer the phones is their main target at the moment.

4 minutes ago, catperson02 said:

About 4 years ago we had an issue. I filled in the details on my post cruise survey and followed it up with an email to customer services via the form on the website. I didn't expect much but felt better "getting it off my chest". I was amazed to receive a phone call about 3 weeks later where they apologised and agreed that the service on board had fallen below what I should have expected. I got an apology, confirmation that the crew member involved would be spoken to and a lovely hamper (which I priced up at about £100). The hamper was totally unexpected, I just wanted my issue recognised.

Mind you this was before the current situation and I imagine that trying to answer the phones is their main target at the moment.

They sent us a hamper when we complained.  It was shaped like an old fashioned picnic hamper, it had super luxury contents.  It was too nice to get rid of so I filled it with plants and it now lives in our back garden during the summer and I empty it in the autumn and store it in the shed until spring ready to use the next year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, catperson02 said:

I had a similar experience.

About 6 years ago, when I had to have a special diet, it wasn't dealt with very well, so after the cruise, I emailed, just to give feedback, and to explain what I  had been hoping for on board.  It was just feedback, not even a complaint. A few weeks later, I had a reply, confirming that they had not understood my requirements on board, and added £100 OBC to my next cruise.

However, these days I wouldn't be confident of getting any reply at all 

I have just got a reply from customer service that I sent on 27th July, it was not a complaint just a query about our cruise on the 9th October, I have been waiting for some clarification about missing OBC for a cruise booked for next year, that email was sent just over 4 weeks ago, so I reckon I have approximately another 4 weeks to go before I get that reply ! 

• 4 weeks later...

Contacted Resolver had e mail first saying they were very busy at customer services then another saying my complaint was being investigated but it would take some time. Not hopeful although it could be solved in 5 minutes. The cabin we were allocated had a damaged shower which was reported the week before by the occupants. The solution offered was to paint the shower tray which would have left occupants without a shower. Knowing it was damaged, which Deck Manager confirmed he did, and given that there were only 1,500 sailing why allocate a damaged cabin? Still deciding what to do about Aurora cruise next year. 28 nights and lost faith in P&O management. Crew were fantastic.

8 hours ago, Nightingale0208 said:

Contacted Resolver had e mail first saying they were very busy at customer services then another saying my complaint was being investigated but it would take some time. Not hopeful although it could be solved in 5 minutes. The cabin we were allocated had a damaged shower which was reported the week before by the occupants. The solution offered was to paint the shower tray which would have left occupants without a shower. Knowing it was damaged, which Deck Manager confirmed he did, and given that there were only 1,500 sailing why allocate a damaged cabin? Still deciding what to do about Aurora cruise next year. 28 nights and lost faith in P&O management. Crew were fantastic.

We had a cabin on Aurora and the cabin steward told us the shower tray needed attention.  P&O gave us a nearby cabin to shower in, it was just one evening that was affected as they began work after we had finished with the cabin in the morning.  For the inconvenience (we didn't feel inconvenienced at all) they gave us a meal with wine in Sindhu.  We were happy bunnies!

I do appreciate your point though that on a sailing that was not full why issue a substandard cabin?

• Like 3

I have always sent my complaints to P&O at Carnival House Southampton. I tend to send a letter and always end with "I look forward to your reply" Can't say I know what it's like during this pandemic. But what I would say is that I believe the Americans are treated far better than us Brits and I believe it is directly due to the Americans being prepared to complain and as such they get a better level of service. The American ships are more up to date as they won't stand for being shipped around in "Old tubs" I know P&O have recently added Iona and Britannia hasn't been in service that long and Arvia is on stream. But only in the last few years has Oriana and Oceana  departed and Aurora is still sailing. I note that Royal Caribbean are now sailing some of their older vessels out of Southampton. I appreciate that smaller vessels mean passengers have to pay a bit more, but I do hope that when Aurora eventually retires that P&O don't just bring in another 180,000 tonne monster to replace her. So in essence it doesn't mean your after freebies if you complain but it's nice to have the recognition that service wasn't up to scratch and if that means giving you some onboard spend or a hamper or whatever then so be it. If nobody complains whichever cruise line it is thinks everything is hunky dory and the service declines as they know they can get away with it.