MSC Lack of Morals and Ethics

rbpd1176

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Salsa states they have the whole ship.  If its a mixed cruise, then there will not be a deck party till 5am everyday as they state?

Steve

There are plenty of non Salsa people that will be on the cruise. And word is party till 5 am.

58 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I was very confused by this. It seemed MSC was not offering this, but if they did, then all good.

So you book, get confirmed and pay for a service. Then you get an inferior service and you think getting a refund/credit in 60 or 90 days really makes it all better?

I guess MSC is counting on people like that when making their ethics decisions. 

52 minutes ago, rbpd1176 said:

So you book, get confirmed and pay for a service. Then you get an inferior service and you think getting a refund/credit in 60 or 90 days really makes it all better?

I guess MSC is counting on people like that when making their ethics decisions. 

Hmm...seems my post was deleted. Anyway, someone said you got a refund and then someone else said things weren't ok...that's why I was confused.

Anyway, do what I said above and dispute on your CC. That way you'll get your $ back right away.

15 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Hmm...seems my post was deleted. Anyway, someone said you got a refund and then someone else said things weren't ok...that's why I was confused.

Anyway, do what I said above and dispute on your CC. That way you'll get your $ back right away.

I booked a year ago. Out of time frame

Steve

1 hour ago, rbpd1176 said:

Well, I am thinking you are not still in YC...maybe you are though...I was told that the salsa group demanded and got all the YC. Maybe you got a left over one, no idea, but I would double check online and see what your booking states now.
Not sure what you can enforce. They did credit the cabin price difference, so no financial loss. 
Just posting to warn/educate those that MSC lacks morals and ethics. I sure was wrong, I touted them for years, am Diamond, only to get screwed for a Salsa group.

I actually got my tickets on deck 8. Nope.  But still yacht club on tickets and luggage tags.

Bait and switch.   Deceptive trade practices.  Here's my credit below

Well I feel sorry for the crew as I will utilize the butler every 20 minutes. Better be there. 

Steve

$ -,144.90

31 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I booked a year ago. Out of time frame

Steve

My comment was to the OP and not to you.

That being said, I've disputed charges against MSC that were over a year old and was successful. But if you are determined that you won't be, then there is no need trying.

But again, I was posting to the OP.

• Like 1

I looked this Salsa cruise up and it’s been planned for awhile. So shame on MSC for waiting till a month before to tell guests booked outside of the group. Looks like you can only book balcony and below category so they must have booked all yacht club rooms. So MSC has been double booking! The rate for balcony is $1900 a person!!! If I were on that cruise I’d be canceling. https://salsacruise.rezmagic.com/Booking/Reservation/Start?tripID=5073

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kidless said:

I looked this Salsa cruise up and it’s been planned for awhile. So shame on MSC for waiting till a month before to tell guests booked outside of the group. Looks like you can only book balcony and below category so they must have booked all yacht club rooms. So MSC has been double booking! The rate for balcony is $1900 a person!!! If I were on that cruise I’d be canceling. https://salsacruise.rezmagic.com/Booking/Reservation/Start?tripID=5073

I have a Yacht club room on deck 16, putting me on deck 8 is not going to work. Since I am a local, I will show up and I guess we will have it out at the port. My tickets do say Yacht club so this will be fun.

I will call Salsa tomorrow to inform them we may have an issue.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

All good in terms of getting a refund. Obviously changing travel plans is complicated.

Did you get trip insurance? If so, it may help with some of that.

And most airlines will refund FF miles free of charge or for a very minimal fee. What airline did you book with?

Lastly, refunds were horrible during the height of covid. They are much better now. I had 2 cruises I cancelled and got a refund on one in 30 days and the other in 21 days. (these were cancelled last month)

I have trip insurance but its for the entire 2 week period so that is yet another problem.

You are right about airlines refunding  FF miles, but that's not where the problem is.  The problem is that they have significantly now increased the returning portion of the trip.  Instead of 77000 miles for the 2 week trip they now say its 142000 miles.(At least that was what it was yesterday..havent checked today)

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I actually got my tickets on deck 8. Nope.  But still yacht club on tickets and luggage tags.

Bait and switch.   Deceptive trade practices.  Here's my credit below

Well I feel sorry for the crew as I will utilize the butler every 20 minutes. Better be there. 

Steve

$ -,144.90

Regarding the butler that was in one of my emails to them.  Exactly how will that be handled as I fully expect my butler on call to come to my room at any time.  And no 15 minutes later will not cut it, or when they can get down there.  Granted not the Butlers fault but not mine either.  So the Butler will be utilized as if I was actually in the YC.  And I seriously doubt he will be happy with how many times he gets to make the walk all the way to the back of the ship nor the number of complaints I lodge against the service.  And before people start shaming me about "but its not the butlers fault" what happened please remember it sure wasn't my fault either!!

Just now, mscdivina2016 said:

Feel sorry for the Butler, concierge, and customer service.

How about they honor the contract?

Steve

Specifically what part of the contract do you think is not being honored? Here is their T&C:

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Arrangements for the Cruise Package are made many months in advance by the Company. The Company expressly reserves the right to change the arrangements for the Cruise package, should such changes become necessary or advisable for operational, commercial or safety reasons.

In the event of a significant alteration to an essential term of the Contract, the Company will inform the Passenger or the Passenger’s Travel Agent of such change in writing as soon as reasonably possible. In such circumstances, the Passenger will be offered the choice of (a) accepting the alteration; (b) booking another Cruise package from the Company’s brochure and/or from the Official Website of equivalent quality, if available; or (c) booking another Cruise package from the Company’s brochure and/or from the Official Website of lower quality, if available, with a refund of the difference in price.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Specifically what part of the contract do you think is not being honored? Here is their T&C:

All I want is section 15 part.B

Downgrading my Yacht club Grand suite in the Yacht club to a Balcony on deck 8 with a $150 refund is not going to do it.

Just cancel me. That's it.

I see no operational, commercial, or safety reasons???

Steve

MSC doesn't seem to know the meaning of goodwill. Do they not understand that the company's general reputation and the little goodwill they may still have (among some) will be further destroyed? 😵
Do yourself a favour; book a cruise line with a positive outlook that appreciates its customers (can especially recommend Celebrity or HAL) 👌

Edited by Frode

8 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

All I want is section 15 part.B

Downgrading my Yacht club Grand suite in the Yacht club to a Balcony on deck 8 with a $150 refund is not going to do it.

Just cancel me. That's it.

I see no operational, commercial, or safety reasons???

Steve

Ah...that is the problem. Section 15 refers to a cancellation of the cruise...and that did *not* happen. 

Section 14 - the section I quoted - applies to you. It deals with a *change* in the cruise. 

And if you can't see the commercial reason for a cruise line coming off being shut down from cruising and booking an entire group, then maybe you don't understand what the word commercial means 🙂

MSC has been practically giving away YC cabins through cheap upgrades, so the ability to have an entire group book them is a big win for the company. No doubt it is horrible for you and others, but there is 100% a commercial reason for this.

Seriously, not trying to get into an argument with you, but you are misunderstanding some things here...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Ah...that is the problem. Section 15 refers to a cancellation of the cruise...and that did *not* happen. 

Section 14 - the section I quoted - applies to you. It deals with a *change* in the cruise. 

And if you can't see the commercial reason for a cruise line coming off being shut down from cruising and booking an entire group, then maybe you don't understand what the word commercial means 🙂

MSC has been practically giving away YC cabins through cheap upgrades, so the ability to have an entire group book them is a big win for the company. No doubt it is horrible for you and others, but there is 100% a commercial reason for this.

Seriously, not trying to get into an argument with you, but you are misunderstanding some things here...

I certainly respect your opinion, and thank you for that.

I am no longer able to comment any further.

Steve

• Like 1

While I have read all the comments about my posts and the Butler. I actually do agree with some of you to an extent.  He wasn't/isn't at fault and no I would not treat him like he was. What I was attempting to say was that I expect from the YC Butler and other YC personel  the same quality of service that I booked and paid for, I don't think that is too much to ask.

As a matter of fact we don't utilize the butler that much, however it can't be ignored that when paying the higher prices to be in the YC and to enjoy the amenities of the YC.  You should receive the services you paid for.

You may now all quit worrying about how I would treat the butler, I have and will always treat the Butlers with the upmost respect. Actually we are probably some of the guests that rarely do utilize or bother them, however they do have a job and they are expected to preform the services they are contracted for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rbpd1176 said:

I am moving on, jut letting people know the facts. Make your own judgements.

Like you I am moving on, we all have different opinions of things. What I think is fair and what others think is fair often is different. Yes we each need to "make our own Judgements"

Spoilt

Just now, KennyFla said:

Not as much, no.  That was a consequence of what happened.  And I did write a letter to Delta management.  But I did not take it out on the gate agent.

And who other than corporate have I taken this out of? Sounds like we took the same action...screw me, show lack of ethics and or morals, and we move on. 
I just think it is fair to post the facts of my case and let each make their own choice. Not all need to agree with me...that would make for a boring world

For us the one time we were in the YC we were there because they upgraded us for free from an 11th deck aft the day before our cruise. 

The butlers we had were the sweetest guys I’ve ever encountered and couldn’t do enough for us. 

Having said that, the enjoyment we got from the YC was the actual YC area of the ship. 
Topsail lounge being steps from our room with our own bar, snacks and entertainment every night, the private pool and hottubs being nearly empty all the time and the YC dining room. 

We didn’t leave that area at all except to go on excursions and the YC dining room

So just having a butler at my service in a room not in the YC wouldn’t be the same at all. Not even close.

I’d take the refund and either book another week or go to another cruise line if you’re really done with MSC, but be prepared to pay $$$ because Celebrity and HAL for example while wonderful are a lot more expensive for their “YC” type experience. 

Edit To clarify, because other comments have loaded before this response was posted. This is not directed to the OP this is in response to those folks moved out of the YC who will still utilize the YC butler. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, rbpd1176 said:

I wish you where one of my customers. Screw them over...all's well.

That’s not what I’m saying at all and in no way was I referring to you.

You did the adult thing and took the refund.
You aren’t on here laying out your plan to run the poor butler to the ground and insist “he’s there in 5 min”   

I completely understand your frustration with MSC and in your shoes would feel the same. 

I owned my own salon for 35 yrs before retiring and customer service was my #1 priority but unfortunately it’s not for a lot of companies and it’s gotten a lot worse recently. 

4 minutes ago, styles27 said:

So just having a butler at my service in a room not in the YC wouldn’t be the same at all. Not even close.

I’d take the refund and either book another week or go to another cruise line if you’re really done with MSC, but be prepared to pay $$$ because Celebrity and HAL for example while wonderful are a lot more expensive for their “YC” type experience. 

Actually I do have 2 booked on Celebrity and am looking quite forward to them.  While having only taken 1 other Celebrity it left a very favorable impression on us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, styles27 said:

For us the one time we were in the YC we were there because they upgraded us for free from an 11th deck aft the day before our cruise. 

The butlers we had were the sweetest guys I’ve ever encountered and couldn’t do enough for us. 

Having said that, the enjoyment we got from the YC was the actual YC area of the ship. 
Topsail lounge being steps from our room with our own bar, snacks and entertainment every night, the private pool and hottubs being nearly empty all the time and the YC dining room. 

We didn’t leave that area at all except to go on excursions and the YC dining room

I could be wrong, but I think you where referencing the irony of an 8th deck room with Yacht Club still listed as the experience. At least least on mine they changed the experience from YC to Escape to Sea Fantastica. 
Some people can not read far enough into a post.

• Like 1

Just now, rbpd1176 said:

I could be wrong, but I think you where referencing the irony of an 8th deck room with Yacht Club still listed as the experience. At least least on mine they changed the experience from YC to Escape to Sea Fantastica. 
Some people can not read far enough into a post.

Yes I was! I just edited that post to clarify that. We’re all posting at the same time lol