NFL Playoffs?

gcorgain

Hi we are NFL Season ticket holders, but will be on Explorer for the first two playoff weekends. The first weekend is both sea days, and the second weekend is a sea day + a port day. Does Regent typically have the NFL playoff games on the stateroom TV's or in a lounge?

Playoff Games?  Not FINAL Super Bowl game?

Availability may be dependent on what part of the World you are at at Game Time.  

Our experience:  Explorer's Voyager.  February 2, 2014. Somewhere close to Australia's East Coast, near Brisbane.  Super Bowl.  Seattle Seahawks vs. some Team from Denver (cannot recall that name).   

About a week earlier,  guest agitation from both Seattle and Denver fans began.  Would the game be shown--Live from a New Jersey venue?  Maybe, later for viewing; or, not-at-all due to atmospheric and contractual situations? 

No initial response.  Guests' agitation (friendly) continued as Game Time approached.  

Bottom Line:  The day before--Announcement.  Yes.  LIVE telecast in Theater very-early in the morning in Australia (given the time at New Jersey).  Complete with popcorn and other treats.  Game would be recorded for later showing that afternoon--and evening--for guests doing excursions.   My brother and his wife (not Seahawks fans) were on one of those.  

So--if viewing Live, do not give away the final results to spoil the "experience" for those doing a land excursion to a kangaroo refuge, or some-such.  (No disrespect to local species intended.)  They could see that game upon return to ship.  

Now, that is what I call positive response to a legitimate request. 

The rest is "recorded" in history.   Most Denver fans left the Theater in disbelief about 45 seconds into the Third Quarter. Spouse and I remained, together with Seahawks fans, for remainder. 

So--I would suggest bringing up this matter directly with Regent.  Do not wait for the week before when on whatever ship you will be on.    

Good Luck.  

GOARMY!

Thanks. This is a PanamaCanal cruise, so at least the timezones will be fairly friendly. I do get a streaming  service that would allow me to stream the games from my iPad, but given that the biggest complaints I have seen about Regent are about poor wifi, I'm not particularly optimistic on that.

Greg