Over-refunded Taxes and FCC Reduction?

cheyhaley

Hi all,

I was on a cruise due out in May of 2020. I was due to travel in my own room on a separate by linked reservation with my family. I received my FCC in May and what i thought was taxes refunded in August 2020. My trip had split payments as my parents paid for part of my cruise as a Christmas gift in 2019, I paid the deposit and final payments, they paid the payments due in the middle.

I finally went to rebook my cruise for March 2022 and my travel agent (same agent as prior to pandemic) could not get a FCC to pull up with my name attached. I sent him the confirmation email I had from RCL with the amount and certificate and it was showing a $0 balance. Royal said they did not generate the credit for some reason and were working on it.

Fast forward a few weeks later to today where my travel agent was told that Royal refunded me too much in taxes and were reducing my FCC by $200. I went through my bank statements and only saw one refund from RCL which I noticed happened to be the same amount as my final payment but it was only about $50 more in taxes.

I'm waiting for RCL to send me a detailed statement of the taxes they refunded and what accounts they went to see if they refunded something to my parents but I feel like someone just isn't doing math correctly.

Has anyone had something similar happen and what was the final solution? It seems a bit strange to form them to say they over refunded me and are reducing my credit over a year after the fact.

tldr; RCL is reducing my FCC for $200 due to an accounting error on their end, any recourse on my end?

What is the Oceania Rule if an FCC is applied towards a 2022 Cruise and the complete $ Amount is used at the time of Booking---and some months later Oceania reduces the Fares for the same

Suites----is the $ difference which can be $500 plus  'reallocated' to the Account? 

11 hours ago, Dick Barton said:

What is the Oceania Rule if an FCC is applied towards a 2022 Cruise and the complete $ Amount is used at the time of Booking---and some months later Oceania reduces the Fares for the same

Suites----is the $ difference which can be $500 plus  'reallocated' to the Account? 

Did you mean to post that in the Oceania section? This is RCI.