Canceled Excursion?

puppymom76

I’ve emailed Royal to ask why but haven’t received a reply yet but they’ve canceled our Dolphin Experience in Cozumel. We are so disappointed! There are other dolphin excursions but we really wanted to go to Chankanaab because they have lots of other activities we could do…now I don’t see anything offered for Chankanaab in the cruise planner. Anyone know what’s going on? 

6 minutes ago, puppymom76 said:

I’ve emailed Royal to ask why but haven’t received a reply yet but they’ve canceled our Dolphin Experience in Cozumel. We are so disappointed! There are other dolphin excursions but we really wanted to go to Chankanaab because they have lots of other activities we could do…now I don’t see anything offered for Chankanaab in the cruise planner. Anyone know what’s going on? 

I was wondering the same thing.  I am going on Carnival Mardi Gras on Oct 9 and I received the email today that they canceled our excursion there.  I wonder what happened.

39 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

I was wondering the same thing.  I am going on Carnival Mardi Gras on Oct 9 and I received the email today that they canceled our excursion there.  I wonder what happened.

I’m getting my cruises confused.  The one that was canceled was for our symphony cruise in November.

31 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Why not just hop in a taxi and go to Chankanaab on your own. I’ve done that before. 
You don’t need a Royal excursion and it’s cheaper. 

I thought of doing that but I wondered why they stopped the excursions.  There must be a reason and if I knew that reason would I still want to go?

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

Why not just hop in a taxi and go to Chankanaab on your own. I’ve done that before. 
You don’t need a Royal excursion and it’s cheaper. 

We are traveling with our unvaccinated 8yr old…no choice but to take a Royal excursion. And yes, it is MUCH cheaper! 😖

The strange thing is that after looking around cruise critic posts and the web I found that Chankanaab was being cancelled across cruise lines, across many different sailings…yet you can still book the excursion directly or through a third party site. On our sailing Royal not only offered the dolphin excursion but also the general admission to the park…now Chankanaab isn’t being offered at all. 🤷🏼‍♀️