Recently Sailed on Norwegian Gem

Gizmo's Cruise Buddy

We recently sailed on the Gem (Back to Back September 12 through September 26) and had a great cruise.  We sailed out of Miami and wanted to post our complements to the crew and staff at NCL.  The staff at the port were fantastic and the check in process was very smooth, including the COVID testing process.

It was great to be cruising again.  The crew bent over backwards to ensure that we had a great cruise.  Service was excellent and the dining was great.  The shows on board both weeks were great.  We are already looking forward to our next cruise!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Gizmo's Cruise Buddy said:

We recently sailed on the Gem (Back to Back September 12 through September 26) and had a great cruise.  We sailed out of Miami and wanted to post our complements to the crew and staff at NCL.  The staff at the port were fantastic and the check in process was very smooth, including the COVID testing process.

It was great to be cruising again.  The crew bent over backwards to ensure that we had a great cruise.  Service was excellent and the dining was great.  The shows on board both weeks were great.  We are already looking forward to our next cruise!

We were on the 2nd week with you, and we had the time of our lives. Agree on all counts, especially the crew, they were unbelievably sweet and kind. We miss them already. What did you think about the power going out on the last night? That was a, um, surprise! I'm not gonna lie, I told a couple of people about that in the airport after we disembarked, I figured they deserved to know. 

This was our first NCL cruise as a couple, and we bought a bunch of CruiseNext certificates the last day so we are back for sure! I'm glad you had a great cruise. 

Since these have been some of the first Caribbean cruises back, I was curious about one silly little thing.  Are they still having the "White Hot Party" on one of the nights?  We tend to turn in fairly early most nights, but that party has always been too fun to pass up!

24 minutes ago, tripleboom said:

Since these have been some of the first Caribbean cruises back, I was curious about one silly little thing.  Are they still having the "White Hot Party" on one of the nights?  We tend to turn in fairly early most nights, but that party has always been too fun to pass up!

NCL changed "White Hot Party" to "Glow Party" during 2019. Still quiet similar!

(We were on the Gem the last week of April to May 3, 2019, and it was still White Hot Party then.)

Edited by ggTexasGal
added info
  • Like 1

I guess I had a different experience than some of you as the COVID testing process was a debacle!  My check in time was at 1pm and I arrived exactly at that time to a building full of hundreds of people standing in a line.  It took over two hours to go through that process and get on board the ship.  One lady told me it took her 3 hours!!  There were no chairs for anyone to sit down except after you got tested.  One older couple had to be led away as they couldn't stand any longer.  I did my test 48 hours earlier at CVS as I didn't want any surprises.  I really think that NCL should let people show them a negative test and not have to be tested if they can't get people through fast enough.  I was on RCCL two weeks before and it was a much smoother process as you just had to show them your negative test result.