Embroidered textiles and clothing in Mexican Riviera

ShibaInuMom

Going on a Mexican Riviera Cruise in early January.  I would like to purchase some of the gorgeous embroidered textiles while there.  Does anyone know where I should go in Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillio, Mazatlan or Cabo San Lucas?  I would like to buy from artist or maker if possible.

For Vallarta . . .   Reference the map:  https://vallartainfo.com/vallarta-southside-old-town-map/

The bulk of the handicraft items are located in the south end of Vallarta.  I would start at the top of the map along the Rio Cuale and on the island in the middle of the island.  Additional markets can be found near Cardenas Park by the beach.

There was a hurricane near miss that dumped a lot of rain in the hills above Vallarta.  This caused significant flooding along the river and roughly 2-3 blocks to either side.  I would hope the area has recovered by the time you get there.

Enjoy . . . 

Edited by MSN-Travelers

Apart from what Paul already suggested, another option might be the shops in the village of Pitillal, not too far from the cruiseterminal. Around the central plaza and church you will various small shops in the streets. Probably not all made by the shop owner and also donot expect much english spoken there, mostly all spanish.

• Like 1