Amber Cove Excursion question

KatPem

Hi, this is a new port to us. I was wondering if anyone has been here since cruising resumed and can offer their advice on a excursion.  We will be on the Carnival Pride. I have noticed a lot of tours require more physically than I am able to do.  I dont' do well with stairs or climbing.  A coupleo f things stuck out to me is Ocean World or the Lifestyle VIP Resort Getaway.  This will be our first stop so we really would like to venture out of the port area.  A beach would be great, which is why I looked at the resport getaway.  The only reviews I can find that are current are from people that stayed there on a land vacation.  We also considered the Dune Buggy and Beach Experience.  Normally we book our own things to do but we decided to probably just do a Carnival excursion here after reading reports of pressured sales and it not being the safest area in the Caribbean. Any help you can give would be great!!  We may just stay at the port area but since it is the first real vacation in a while, I would hate to not doing anything besides that.  Thanks in advance!

I have friends who have gone to Ocean World and said it was “okay.” It also gets sort of middle of the road reviews on Trip Advisor. 

Mainly,I’m posting to say that the port area is really nice. The pool is great—tons of loungers, slides, nice landscaping, pool bar, can order food etc. Plus there are lots of shops if you want some souvenirs. 

• Like 1

We did the Lifestyles VIP resort getaway 3-4 years ago. The service, drinks, and sun beds were great. Short drive from the pier which is a plus. Only negative was the beach. The water was very rocky and plenty of sea urchins in the rocks. Overall would I do it again? Yes! If you just want a relaxing day this is the place. Heard that the non VIP area had a better beach.

• Like 1

We did the VIP lifestyle resort last week.   Like Pink22 said, there is almost no beach and no calm water.  its pretty but unless you surf or board,  its just to look at or walk along.  That being said the resort itself is wonderful and very ralaxing.   There are a couple of stairs to climb up or down to get into the 3 diffenent area's.  VIP /  Harmony and ??  which are all connected,  but build like terraces.  They had Sushi /  Ice cream parlor and a really good grill.  One of our better days.

On the other side,  i would probably also have no issue walking over and getting a taxi to downtown Puerto Plata and walking around.  We did a tour 3 years ago and it ended with some free time there and enjoyed spending some time walking around shopping and eating.  Felt safe inside the town to us.

20211008_125959.jpg

20211008_125658.jpg

20211008_125656.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 10:40 AM, Jgarriso said:

We did the VIP lifestyle resort last week.   Like Pink22 said, there is almost no beach and no calm water.  its pretty but unless you surf or board,  its just to look at or walk along.  That being said the resort itself is wonderful and very ralaxing.   There are a couple of stairs to climb up or down to get into the 3 diffenent area's.  VIP /  Harmony and ??  which are all connected,  but build like terraces.  They had Sushi /  Ice cream parlor and a really good grill.  One of our better days.

Thanks for the pictures - we have the Lifestyle VIP Resort booked thru Princess.  The way I read it, everything is included (sun beds/loungers/food/drink)  Was it easy access to the pool from the beach?

Does seem odd that no one is in the water.  hummm

Ours was through Carnival,  but EVERYTHING was included.   And everything seems to be in close walking distance.   There are a couple of Pools,  and hot tubs (As seen in the second picture)    From the middle section where we were it was about 8 steps down to the beach,  and then about 6 steps up to the Harmony area where there was a Swimming pool.  There was another larger pool, and it think it had a swim up bar,  It wasn't far in other direction,  not sure on the details to it.