Luggage tags and Guarantee ?

BarbaraM

I was told that I would receive my cabin assignment at the pier. I've booked guarantees before on other lines, and get my assignment prior so that the subject of what to put on my luggage tag never has come up before.

Does Princess really wait until the day of boarding?? I've got 5 days to go before I leave, and check the website daily -- I assume the porters would have an up to date cabin list -- but would really like to take care of this in advance--

Has anyone else run into this?

We had a guarantee that resulted in a pier check in only once in our 11 cruises with Princess.We have had room assignments as far as 6 months in advance.We have also been upgraded to a suite,at the pier.It does happen but there are many people with the room list to help.

You should have already gotten your tix and luggage tags. For guarantee, the tag should be white with the letter G on it. Fill out the tag, leave stateroom number blank, and make sure your name is legible, at the cruise center, the bags with the white tags are separated out and someone from the ship puts on the cabin numbers.

That being said, the latest we have gone without info booking guarantee is three days. Used the white tags and put on our cabin numbers with the other info. There May be a slight delay in bags getting to your cabin, they may double check the assignment due to the white tag.

Only once have we not had a cabin number before departing from home.

Upon arrival at the pier, Acapulco, Royal Princess, 3-90, we were given a cabin number, and our bags got to the cabin very shortly after we did.

Princess usually has their act together.

Archived