48 hr or 2 days - husband freaking out

tamirpr

3 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2803835-denied-boarding-when-2-weeks-is-not-≥-14-days/

TLDR version - Wife got Vaccine on Thursday 9/9/21 Sailing was on Thursday 9/23/21. Fully vaccinated is 14 days after vaccination, but apparently that means 14 days before sailing day, which wasn't clear. I too would have assumed he was ok.

But the 48 hour/2 day question has been given way more attention because it effects everybody, and has been made clear to be based on the date only, so 12:00am Saturday and 11:59pm Saturday would be exactly the same.

Wow, we were cruising so didn't see it.  That's rough.

8 hours ago, tamirpr said:

The reason this even became an issue is because when you do the Emed test that Carnival recommended, the results are posted in an app with a running ticker, 4 hours since result, 7 hours since result. This is what you show the agent, so it’s not being overcome with unnecessary anxiety to be concerned that two days before will show as 53 hours since result.  Considering the consistent inconsistent Carnival wording of two days and 48 hours, it makes sense that one could be confused. 

Print it out and there is no concern. If 48-hours is your concern, do the test at 5PM Thursday then.

10 hours ago, sternfanla said:

the  Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services - 2 Pack for Travel. this is the one that carnival has a link to.

I assume it is for 2 people?

It is.  You'll each need your own account to sign in.  I would advise buying an extra pack just in case.  Someone in our group did the test and then they couldn't find his results.  Weird.  But they didn't have any extra, so he's running around today trying to find a place to rapid test.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:39 PM, sternfanla said:

Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services - 2 Pack for Travel. this is the one that carnival has a link to.

I assume it is for 2 people?

14 hours ago, tamirpr said:

I would advise buying an extra pack just in case.  Someone in our group did the test and then they couldn't find his results. 

I have read of two instances of test packages not being correct-(fluid bottle dry), or the package being mangled in the mail as to be unusable. You could just buy 2 - but what if the package in mangled, or the fluid bottle is empty...or something. 

For $150 I purchased a 6 pack for DW and myself - cheap given the price of some tests I have been reading about - and lots of back-ups. We have 2 cruises planned before they expire (Mid-January). Took a couple on our Alaskan trip a couple of weeks ago, and used one when DW was not feeling well - just to confirm that COVID was NOT the issue (it was not). Still have three for our upcoming December cruise.

BTW - eMed sells packs of 6, Optum sells packs of 2 & 3

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RGEDad said:

For $150 I purchased a 6 pack for DW and myself - cheap given the price of some tests I have been reading about - and lots of back-ups.

Exactly. Urgent Care with co-pay is $109-$150 for my family per person. A lot of places will not give rapid tests here except urgent care centers. The labs are so swamped that 1-2 results are now 3-4 days. A friend's entire family tested positive about 3 weeks ago. They tested on a Sunday morning for 24-48 hour return. Results came back 8PM Wednesday. 

We will be scheduling testing on Thursday at Walgreen's and CVS just in case something with the BinaxNow tests are messed up. This way we have our bases covered.