Booking Entertainment ?

bee-ess

We are on Britannia on Jan 1st and have just seen this note in our Personaliser under Entertainment - Is this for Theatre shows and if so how do we book them when the time comes - is it through the personaliser ?

As your safety and well-being is our top priority, we have introduced enhanced measures including reduced capacity and mandatory online reservation of seats. You will be able to reserve your seats from 17th December 2021.
Edited by bee-ess

Just log in to Cruise Personaliser.  Go to entertainment and you should see all the theatre shows and dates.  Click on the show that you are interested in, it should come up with times.  Tick the boxes for both of you and you should then see which seats you've been allocated (weren't restricted to those seats once onboard Iona), and accept, or something like that.

You then get an e-mail confirming your choice.  Repeat for each show that you want to see!

BTW, when we were on Iona, we couldn't book for the Limelight Club in advance.  Had to be done on board.

Once you get on board and have downloaded the app, your theatre bookings should appear in there as well.

• Thanks 1

On the Britannia staycations you used the planner to book all the theatre shows 

And all meals except buffets and the snack bars

We were able to book all except one show we wanted to see 

But more than once we had to take a different timeslot than we wanted

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Just log in to Cruise Personaliser.  Go to entertainment and you should see all the theatre shows and dates.  Click on the show that you are interested in, it should come up with times.  Tick the boxes for both of you and you should then see which seats you've been allocated (weren't restricted to those seats once onboard Iona), and accept, or something like that.

You then get an e-mail confirming your choice.  Repeat for each show that you want to see!

BTW, when we were on Iona, we couldn't book for the Limelight Club in advance.  Had to be done on board.

Once you get on board and have downloaded the app, your theatre bookings should appear in there as well.

Thanks, after over 40 cruises this is all new to me, if you wanted to see a show you just went, didn't have to make up your mind 2 weeks before. Oh well, this and all the rigamarole to get into Barbados, this cruising seems to be getting too much bother I think or I'm getting too old for it all.

The Eric and Ernie tribute act in the Limelight Club were a highlight for us by the way.

In case you ever get the chance to see them

My one complaint about the Limelight Club experience was you eat your meal and then watch the act after. They should provide a live singer or musician during the meal as well. That's the whole appeal of going for a meal with entertainment included 

They've got so many singers and musicians on board it's not a big ask to have something happening on stage whilst you eat

IMO

1 minute ago, bee-ess said:

Thanks, after over 40 cruises this is all new to me, if you wanted to see a show you just went, didn't have to make up your mind 2 weeks before. Oh well, this and all the rigamarole to get into Barbados, this cruising seems to be getting too much bother I think or I'm getting too old for it all.

We booked all ours on board

It's not as hard as you think and reception offers help if needed

If you can use this forum then you should be ok doing it

But I know what you mean!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

It was all new to us as well.  We felt that does seem to take some of the spontanaiety away.  That said, we found it easy to amend bookings to fit in with other shows.

We didnt even know about it until we got on board

I would be happy to keep using it ongoing tbh

It has some advantages as well as disadvantages

When we were in an online queue for main restaurant dining and getting near the front I could use it to speed my wife up getting ready to go out !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

Yes it is getting too much bother especially with multi destination fly cruises, plus more expense for a diminished experience. I am glad I opted for a Canaries cruise and don't mind if we don't call at any ports as I have been there at least 8 times and will just consider the ship as a floating inclusive hotel.

• Like 3