Restricted Items

jklm

Are the restrictions for items that are not allowed on board the ship the same as the TSA regulations for airlines? :confused: I have looked through the threads but could not find anything about restricted items.

Basically no candles, no irons, no weapons of mass destruction, no guns. It's a lot less restrictive than the list for flying but there are still certain things that can't be brought on board. Are you wondering about something specific?

You are probably safe with a pocketknife, but if it has a mean looking blade it could be confiscated as a 'weapon'. If it is a short little 2" blade, should be no problem. Agree with putting it in your checked luggage, however.

If this is something that has real sentimental value and you would hate to have it confiscated because you automatically put it in your pocket every morning and forget about it, then leave it at home and take something else for the tag and threads. Nail clippers, seam ripper, tiny scissors, embroidery thread cutter, etc.

I carry a small pen knife most of the time, except when travelling by air, and have never been challenged while embarking/returning to our cruise ship. I always put it in a fanny pack or bin with all my other metal objects and HAL has never confiscated it nor challenged me about it.

You cannot bring: firearms, knives with blades longer than 3", any hazardous materials including lighter fluid or any other combustible material, illegal drugs, candles and certain types of oxygen containers used by those with lung disease.

Archived