Boarding times - Pride

davy jones

Has the pandemic resulted in later boarding times?   We are sailing on the Pride and the earliest available check in is 1:30.  We did check on the morning of the first available day.  In the past, we have been on board for lunch around noon.

9 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Has the pandemic resulted in later boarding times?   We are sailing on the Pride and the earliest available check in is 1:30.  We did check on the morning of the first available day.  In the past, we have been on board for lunch around noon.

Diamonds, Platinums & Suites got an extra 2 days before the rest of us to check in, so they probably got the earlier times, not exactly sure what they are. I got a 1:00 for my 9/19 cruise. It's not bad. The do check your times. I was onboard by 130. I'm used to being an early boarder, but after all we've been through, this was not bad at all.

We were on last week as well.  The ship is getting in a little later (used to dock while we were still sleeping), we docked around 8:15.  We got off the ship just after 10am (carried our luggage off).  

As Platinum, our boarding time was 1pm which was the earliest. 

4 minutes ago, sammee said:

Diamonds, Platinums & Suites got an extra 2 days before the rest of us to check in, so they probably got the earlier times, not exactly sure what they are. I got a 1:00 for my 9/19 cruise. It's not bad. The do check your times. I was onboard by 130. I'm used to being an early boarder, but after all we've been through, this was not bad at all.

We are mere golds, but getting closer.  Does the fact that we are driving to port also impact assignments (so those flying in don't have to sit around).

Outside of being hungry (hopefully not hangry) after the drive, I'm okay with it if it allows us to zip through check in and onto the ship and moderates the masses at the lunch venues.

2 minutes ago, davy jones said:

We are mere golds, but getting closer.  Does the fact that we are driving to port also impact assignments (so those flying in don't have to sit around).

Outside of being hungry (hopefully not hangry) after the drive, I'm okay with it if it allows us to zip through check in and onto the ship and moderates the masses at the lunch venues.

I'm also gold. We drive in too. It makes no difference how you get there. Just stick with the time you are able to get and it will go smooth.

7 hours ago, newpherchris said:

We were on the Pride last week on a last-minute booking six days before. When we checked in, the earliest boarding group available to us was 2:30 and the last was 4:30.

How many passengers were on the Pride?

They still are indicating a 5 PM sailing, but I have seen that recent debarkations have been later.  

I see that the Ravens are scheduled for a 1:00 PM home game that day.  We will be arriving from I95 south.  How does game day affect traffic around the Fort McHenry tunnel?

1 hour ago, davy jones said:

They still are indicating a 5 PM sailing, but I have seen that recent debarkations have been later.  

I see that the Ravens are scheduled for a 1:00 PM home game that day.  We will be arriving from I95 south.  How does game day affect traffic around the Fort McHenry tunnel?

I can tell you that on the 9/26 sailing, debark started around 9:30, which was 30 minutes before we were even scheduled to be back in port.

As far as traffic goes around the stadium, I would plan for an arrival time that's a little later (1:30ish) should be good, most of the traffic will be in the game already

3 hours ago, davy jones said:

We were on the 9/26 sailing of the Pride. We originally were schedule to sail at 5pm on Sunday the 26th, however originally our cruise was scheduled to stop at Princess Cay and Grand Turk. When those were replaced with Bimini and Half Moon Cay, our departure time was changed to 7pm as were at least 3 other Pride cruises from Baltimore that had similar changes. I think in part with us not going to Grand Turk, and Bimini instead which is a fair amount closer, they pushed back the departure time from Baltimore. I see 2 of the last 3 cruises on the Pride before she leaves for Tampa do not include stops at Bimini, the one that does, does Bimini later, so those could still be scheduled to leave at 5pm. We were notified about a month before sailing of the change from 5 to 7 pm. Seems if these last few were changed, folks booked should have already been notified.

As for debarkation, Pride was back in Baltimore this past Sunday around 8am. We were off the ship and in our car before 9:30am. We do have one of those dreaded elevated status's and we took our luggage off with us.