NCL European cruises - exploring on your own.

vinob

Hi folks, hoping you can help.

We are on a cruise with NCL later this month and can explore most ports on our own apart from Italy.

What is the procedure leaving/returning to ship, do you have to take a lateral flow test at each port, if so are these free or do you have to pay for them and if so how much do you have to pay.  Have been trying to get through to NCL but wait times on the phone are long and I'm sure there is someone out there who will be able to answer this.

Many thanks Viv.

21 minutes ago, vinob said:

Hi folks, hoping you can help.

We are on a cruise with NCL later this month and can explore most ports on our own apart from Italy.

What is the procedure leaving/returning to ship, do you have to take a lateral flow test at each port, if so are these free or do you have to pay for them and if so how much do you have to pay.  Have been trying to get through to NCL but wait times on the phone are long and I'm sure there is someone out there who will be able to answer this.

Many thanks Viv.

You don't have to be tested during port visits. Only before embarkation and then during the cruise before disembarkation you can get a test if it is required for returning to home.

• Like 1

Just returned from cruise on Epic. We did not get off in Majorca, but in Civitavecchia were given a red wristband and told it was "so you don't need to get tested to get back on board."  The other two Italian ports, no wristband. But those excursions involved less walking with the "general public." 

There was no note in Freestyle Daily or any other announcement about any testing required when returning to ship. 

Nope no test..there is one trip, the unguided capri..you can do what you want t do if you leave the hydrofoil boat

Bring warm clothes and a rainjacket/umbrella 

I am in Italy now and the weather is bad..when you are going the European countries can be sunny but also experience bad weather

5 hours ago, Happy-48 said:

Nope no test..there is one trip, the unguided capri..you can do what you want t do if you leave the hydrofoil boat

Bring warm clothes and a rainjacket/umbrella 

I am in Italy now and the weather is bad..when you are going the European countries can be sunny but also experience bad weather

Is this a tour from the Naples port?

2 hours ago, sbsmutoni said:

Is this a tour from the Naples port?

Yess, hou walk from the ship to the hydrofoilboat, at arrival the tourguide says that you can see the island nu yourself, but hou can also go with her. You have to pay her 20 euro's for it

There were different thought about or.

I went by myself

• Thanks 1