voyager question

chorder

Have been on the member review site on cruise critic, the most recent review for the voyager I found was 12-5-05 and most reviews were very negative even the 5 star reviews!! DW and I sailed on the Radiance last April thought it was excellent ,though like the Voyager member reviews ,the Radiance reviews were on the negative side. We are sailing on the Voyager on 4-29-06 did we make a mistake booking this ship? Does it really look old and tired ? I know the food on RCCL isn't what it was on our 1st cruise in 99 but is it that bad now? Hopefully the folks that posted their reviews are used to 1st class 5 star all the time if not ,I'm getting a little worried here, any recent cruisers on Voyager with any input would be helpful ,this is our 5th RCCL cruise our 1st on a Voyager class. Thanx

Hi,

I was on the Voyager twice last year, once in May and again in September. I loved it both times. For every bad experience you read about there are about 1000 people who had a great time and actually enjoyed the food.

Amy

I sailed the Voyager in November, 2005, and had a wonderful time. The ship did not look old and tired. All facilities were fully functioning, like the pools, climbing wall, golf course, spa and gym. The crew were wonderful and very accommodating. I was on the cruise that left Cape Liberty in Bayonne 8 or 9 hours late, and many people on the cruise did NOTHING but complain. However, I enjoyed every second! You did not make a mistake booking the Voyager. If Vadim and/or Alvin are still in the dining room, they were superb.

Enjoy your trip.

My wife and I just sailed the Eastern Caribbean on Voyager during the week of Feb. 4th to 11th 2006. This being our first cruise we may a bit underqualifed to offer an expert opinion, but I must say we were both completely blown away by the whole experience. We found the ship to be in wonderful condition, very clean, well maintained, and plenty of activities to do all around. The food in Windjammer at breakfast and lunch was pretty good for a buffet. Dinners in the main dining room were nothing short of fabulous. We didn't try Portofino's or Johnny Rockets. We were very well served by our stateroom attendant and the waiters in the dining room, so much so that even though I prepaid all my tips upon booking I still gave them all some extra cash for their efforts. Wherever we went on this ship we found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We also saw some pretty good shows in the theatre but be sure to catch an ice show, the one we saw was amazing.

I wouldn't worry too much about the negative reviews. They may have valid reason for gripping for shortcomings during their trip. Or there just may be no pleasing some people, who knows. For us, we enjoyed it so much we will definitely be booking another cruise with RCI, perhaps on the new Freedom next time. Relax and enjoy your cruise.

I wrote a review on cruise critic, but it has not been posted yet. I have to say that my first cruise on RCCL was just OK...but I will cruise with RCCL again, but it will not be my first choice. I love Celebrity and Disney. I would say Princess comes third and RCCL is along the lines with NCL. I will NEVER cruise with Carnival again and I have never cruised on Holland America (this will be our next cruise).

I sailed the Voyager in November, 2005, and had a wonderful time. The ship did not look old and tired. All facilities were fully functioning, like the pools, climbing wall, golf course, spa and gym. The crew were wonderful and very accommodating. I was on the cruise that left Cape Liberty in Bayonne 8 or 9 hours late, and many people on the cruise did NOTHING but complain. However, I enjoyed every second! You did not make a mistake booking the Voyager. If Vadim and/or Alvin are still in the dining room, they were superb.

Enjoy your trip.

I was on that late cruise. I think the disembarkation process was the problem. We waited an hour for people to present themselves to immigration before the ship could begin to be cleared. People had their shore time cut short because a storm blew in and the Capt. was going to leave early from Bermuda in order to negotiate the narrows. We ended up leaving about 13 hrs behind schedule. Weather can not be helped. The capt. flew the ship back to Bayonne. I think people had changed flight plans and had to change them again. Disembarkation was really bad and getting out off the ship and out of port took 3 hrs. twice as long as it took to get to and on the ship. But with all that said it was a wonderful cruise. The service was excellent both in our cabin and in the dining room. We would get up go to the Windjammer and be back in 30 mins and our room had been serviced. The food was good and the tours too, even in the howling rain. We got to spend an extra 1/2 day onboard. We were given lunch in the dining room and they quickly created activites to keep passengers busy. I will cruise on the Voyager again.

We did the eastern route on the Voyager in December. Please read my review by clicking on the link below in my signature. Then if you have any questions, ask away.

As you can see, we've booked her again. You will have a great time!:D

Just came back yesterday from the Voyager. We had a great time, even though the weather put a damper on things.

The service was out of this world. I just cannot give enough praise to the entire staff! Also, my husband and I are very critical about food and we thought it was awesome!

We brought our four kids, so our experience was more kid-oriented. Didn't go to any shows except the ice show - which was incredible considering the amount of space they have! I used to ice skate competitively when I was younger and I was very impressed. I was worried about leaving my kids in the program, but with all the rain, they begged and it was their favorite memory of the trip! I was pleased with the security and energy of all counselors. Kids did not overrun the ship and were well-behaved.

The Voyager is looking great and feeling great - don't worry! You'll have a blast.

For me, the part I didn't like was spending such a short time at each port. I prefer experiencing more of a place than a few hours at a touristy spot. But, this was my first cruise and with four kids and lots of rain, it probably added to my feelings!

Otherwise - everything was perfect! We had a great time! Enjoy!

Lisa

Archived