COVID testing at MIA

On 10/6/2021 at 2:10 PM, alexgtp said:

I would say no because they are asking for tests 2 days prior.  If done 2 days prior I don't see why they would not accept it.

Weird thing is at the RCCL Dock in MIAMI last week they had a mobile COVID-19 test site set up in same area. I took a photo just in case anyone wanted to call and see what the deal is. PXL_20210927_163424387.thumb.jpg.9fd55f1dc0106762531563c3c9bb655f.jpg

Thank you its my same back up, if E- Med 2 days prior to cruise or CVS appointment gets cancelled. I just saved the phots and phone number. 

15 hours ago, LeeW said:

Just make sure the testing facility hours fit your arrival at the airport.  One time hours at FLL worked for us, another didn't.  Note several sites at MIA that charge different fees and have different hours.  The one Celebrity uses (our next cruise) isn't open when our flight arrives there.

The website says testing site is open 24 hours with no appointment necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed on Meraviglia last week, and wanted to update on the testing facility at MIA.

It's a separate building located just outside of doors 10 and 11 in the lower level baggage claim area. Very easy to find. We had to walk a little way indoors with all of our luggage, but wasn't a big deal. No appointment necessary. We were in and out in under 30 minutes, each with an envelope with our test results. Before we got to our hotel, we both had an email with our results. As of now, the facility is still open 24 hours. I think the bulk of their business is for international travelers requiring a test.

Pricey, yes. I think we paid $78 per test, but we were prepared for that. We got into our taxi with what we needed and started our vacation.