iPod chargers?

We have an 4GB Mini iPod and a 30GB Video iPod. We don;t have a charger aexcept for the usb cable to the computer.

Can someone recommend a single charger to plug in to an outlet, so we can recharge our iPods on the ship.

Thanks

check igo.com i know they have the tips for ipods because i use it, what im not sure about is whether you can charge 2 ipods at the same time. The best thing about the igo is you only need to carry one charger for your laptop, cell phone, ipod, etc etc etc they have many tips available.

Didn't either of your ipods come with it's own cable that plugs into a wall outlet to charge it? I have a 20gig and there is a cable that's fairly flat on one end that plugs into the top of the ipod itself, and the other end has a standard 110 volt wall plug.

A co-worker's ipod has the same thing, so I just assumed that all ipods had the same set up for charging the battery.

Didn't either of your ipods come with it's own cable that plugs into a wall outlet to charge it? I have a 20gig and there is a cable that's fairly flat on one end that plugs into the top of the ipod itself, and the other end has a standard 110 volt wall plug.

A co-worker's ipod has the same thing, so I just assumed that all ipods had the same set up for charging the battery.

No, both came with the USB cable only, no AC power plug.

You can get an adapter at Wal-Mart. It is in the electronics section.

It has a port on it just like the USB port on your computer that you can plug your IPOD cord into for charging.

I used it on my last cruise to charge my IPOD and Blackberry.

Cutbacks...Apple no longers includes this accessory, which probably costs all of $1 or so to produce.

Stop by a Best Buy or go to bestbuy.com. They have several models that will work just fine. Go with the cheaper one as they all do pretty much the same thing. I just got a Griffin PowerBlock from there and it works just fine.

Sherry, I see that you just got back from a cruise on the Serenade.

Can you fill me in on all the things that are worth seeing/doing onboard? I'll be on that one this fall to the Mexican Riviera.

Stop by a Best Buy or go to bestbuy.com. They have several models that will work just fine. Go with the cheaper one as they all do pretty much the same thing. I just got a Griffin PowerBlock from there and it works just fine.

Ditto on the Griffin PowerBlock from Best Buy recommendation. Inexpensive and works fine. We use them for our Nanos and 60GB iPods.

Sherry, I see that you just got back from a cruise on the Serenade.

Can you fill me in on all the things that are worth seeing/doing onboard? I'll be on that one this fall to the Mexican Riviera.

Hi Treven. My Serenade cruise went to the Southern Caribbean, a different itinerary from what you're doing. We had 5 ports, and only 1 sea day so I actually didn't get to spend as much time exploring the ship as I would have liked to. It was an awesome cruise though. I went to just about all of the shows, which were all very enjoyable. Plus the stuff like Quest, the Love & Marriage Show is always a hoot to attend. I also went to Karaoke a few times, and had a good time there. (I only made a fool out of myself by singing one time though. :p ) The Pit Stop Sports Bar was a popular place, especially since the football playoff games were going on at that time. The Vortex is the place to go to at night if you like to dance. There always seemed to be something going on in the Safari Club, and the Schooner Bar was usually fairly busy. For a nice photo op, go up to Deck 12. I believe it was in the Crown & Anchor lounge (wherever you go to book a future cruise at)....anyway, there is a 'skylight' in the floor in the middle of the lounge. If you lean over it just the right way, you can get a great photo of the Centrum. Also a nice photo op just outside the Schooner Bar, where they have a ship's wheel and a nice background. On formal nights, there was a small line of people there taking their own formal pictures. Dinner in the dining room was good, except for the grilled NY strip steak I had on the last night. Yuck! We went to Chops one night which was awesome. I hope you have as good of a time as we did. :)

Archived