Covishield Vaccines

tert333

In the approved vaccines list within the FAQ for Celebrity,  they show Covishield, but there is a star beside it.  Being the paranoid person that I am, it usually means a reference detailed later.  However, I do not see any further description.   Does anyone have any suggestions of what it may be?

accepted-vaccinations-chart.png

1 hour ago, tert333 said:

In the approved vaccines list within the FAQ for Celebrity,  they show Covishield, but there is a star beside it.  Being the paranoid person that I am, it usually means a reference detailed later.  However, I do not see any further description.   Does anyone have any suggestions of what it may be?

accepted-vaccinations-chart.png

Covishield is the AstraZeneca vaccine that has been manufactured in India.  At one point the EMEA (and as a result) some EU countries did not recognize it, even the WHO did.  That was because even though the vaccine was the same, the EU had not certified the manufacturing location in India.  Do not know if they have changed that stance or not.

The UK did not even accept it at one point,  though I believe that they have changed their stance.

So it could be that Celebrity accepted it, but some countries might not.

8 minutes ago, nocl said:

Covishield is the AstraZeneca vaccine that has been manufactured in India.  At one point the EMEA (and as a result) some EU countries did not recognize it, even the WHO did.  That was because even though the vaccine was the same, the EU had not certified the manufacturing location in India.  Do not know if they have changed that stance or not.

The UK did not even accept it at one point,  though I believe that they have changed their stance.

So it could be that Celebrity accepted it, but some countries might not.

Yes, that could be there reason why they have the "*" beside Covishield .   Would have been good if they described what it relates to so we all understand any restrictions, etc.  Having worked in a legal environment for many years, am a bit of a stickler for details....