Royal Caribbean - Covid Coverage

jillyalex

Good evening,

Planning on going on Navigator of the Seas on Dec 31st.  I've spoken to several Royal employees and they have confirmed that there 's Covid coverage on board for Medical assistance, quarantine coverage and travel home.

I wasn't planning on cruising as I can't get Covid travel insurance on a Cruise but after hearing this I changed my mind.

Has anyone had to use this or know anything more about it?

Thanks, Jill 

7 hours ago, jillyalex said:

Good evening,

Planning on going on Navigator of the Seas on Dec 31st.  I've spoken to several Royal employees and they have confirmed that there 's Covid coverage on board for Medical assistance, quarantine coverage and travel home.

I wasn't planning on cruising as I can't get Covid travel insurance on a Cruise but after hearing this I changed my mind.

Has anyone had to use this or know anything more about it?

Thanks, Jill 

Can't help you with the RCCL question, but is there some specific personal health reason why you "...can't get Covid travel insurance for a cruise"?  There have been a number of posts here on CC stating that, among others, Blue Cross DO offer us Canadians COVID coverage for cruises, and they currently have a massively good sale going on right now until November 2, one full year coverage for the price of a single trip plan. I believe that Medipac also offer coverage, but we're sticking with Blue Cross.  Good luck and have a great cruise ;o)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No personal knowledge, only what I see on the RCI webpage:

We'll Get You Home

If you or a member of your traveling party tests positive for COVID-19 during your cruise, we'll take care of things so you can focus on getting better. Costs related to onboard medical care and your travel home — even a private jet, if needed — are on us.*

*Last modified September 22, 2021. Subject to change. Royal Caribbean will cover the costs of accommodations for isolation and private air transfer costs for guests who have fully complied with all Royal Caribbean International and Royal Caribbean Group COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in effect at the time of voyage. Non-U.S. homeports may have local isolation requirements and restrictions on mode of transportation. Additional terms and conditions may apply, see our COVID-19 Refund and Cancellations Policy and your Cruise Ticket Contract for details. "Traveling Party" means (1) your family members living with you in the same household and (2) traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the ship. Our CareTeam will assist with accommodations for isolation, daily wellbeing check-ins, and support to reschedule return travel home.

I don't follow the RCI board, but you might be able to get more detailed information there.

As for Blue Cross and other Canadian insurance companies, just be aware that while they will cover you for COVID-related medical expenses, they won't cover trip interruption or cancellation due to COVID. This is where the RCI coverage really provides a big benefit. Just be aware of the "Subject to change" clause.

• Thanks 1