Nieuw Amsterdam itinerary change for 10/23

gaunerdog

We have this scheduled after two prior cancellations on HA. I was looking forward to visiting Key West again, but HA is skipping this port and replacing it with Costa Maya and the change was due to the statement that Key West was not allowing cruise ships accommodating more than 1500 passengers.. It was my understanding from prior reports that the Governor's ruling did allow larger ships into that port. Any clarification would be appreciated. So this has changed as well as the new SWA problems  as well as a quick Covid-19 test turnaround just created more anxiety for a planned cruise.🥺

• Thanks 1

Interesting...I concur with your knowledge that the governor and legislature put a stop to the foolishness going on down there stopping mass market ships in favor of small ships with elites only on board.

When I look at the schedule from our big box TA, it shows the NA still stopping at Key West on 10/29.

We are also scheduled to stop in Key West in December on the NA.  It's a family pre-Christmas cruise and my mother who is 80 (and native Floridian) has had Key West on her bucket list.

How were you informed?  Was it an email directly from HAL? 

Here is a link to a cruise schedule for Key West I found on the web.  The NA is listed and a flotilla of other big ships are listed to visit Key West as well. 

https://crew-center.com/key-west-florida-cruise-ship-schedule-2021#:~:text=Key West%2C Florida Cruise Ship Schedule 2021 ,Oct. - 16%3A00 26 more rows

I'm not sure why you posted a itinerary change in the headline date 10/23????  We are on the NA right now and 10/23 is the last day of our current cruise.  We are on the cruises in Nov. and we, too, did receive an HAL emailed itinerary change eliminating Key West.  I can't open my HAL email I received now--poor internet service at 4:48 a.m. on the NA, darn it!  

1 hour ago, 12cruise2 said:

I'm not sure why you posted a itinerary change in the headline date 10/23????  We are on the NA right now and 10/23 is the last day of our current cruise.  We are on the cruises in Nov. and we, too, did receive an HAL emailed itinerary change eliminating Key West.  I can't open my HAL email I received now--poor internet service at 4:48 a.m. on the NA, darn it!  

The next cruise DOES start on the 23rd?