Health Protocols for Cruises Through February 28, 2022

jwattle

I have a Feb 28 Enchantment cruise scheduled and am happy Princess is providing their policies this far in advance.  I have no problem with vaccination and testing but the masking requirement will result in an experience that to me will be far from pleasurable.  Today I will cancel.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Wheelhouse said:

I have a Feb 28 Enchantment cruise scheduled and am happy Princess is providing their policies this far in advance.  I have no problem with vaccination and testing but the masking requirement will result in an experience that to me will be far from pleasurable.  Today I will cancel.  

We have a 14-day Panama Canal booked in March, and will cancel as well. This will be our third cancellation. Princess canceled the first one, and we canceled the second after they played this game again last year. Wearing a mask on board is not an option. In addition, they have canceled all the things we do while on board (we never sit out by the pool).

It's just not worth the stress waiting to see what changes. We are Senior Nomads traveling the country and booked this cruise since we'll already be near FLL at the time. We can hop on a last minute cruise that meets our requirements, or we can get back on the road two weeks early.

Cruise ships should be a bubble. Require what you want to board and while in port, but on board should be mask optional with all previous recreational opportunities available. 

• Like 3

Princess ships that are currently sailing have been in green status or yellow status in some occasions - to me, their protocols are working. That's what is most important to me when choosing a ship during Covid time. I can't say that about NCL, Royal or Carnival which stays in yellow consistently!

Edited by ebeluga
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

So hard to believe that a little ole mask is such a big nuisance for some.  We have to mask in all in door spaces where we live and have traveled to other areas that have strict protocols for the control of Covid and masking is part of that......the only reason we are sailing with Princess is because they are doing a number of things that can keep passengers safe, like requiring the wearing of masks.  We have let their Customer Relations department know we are pleased with their efforts too.....the less anti-maskers on board the safer we will feel.....

I agree! 

• Like 1

Masks are mostly useless unless one is wearing a KN-95 or better mask. It’s simply a feel-good measure. Their ship; their rules, but I think it’s overkill to take vaccinated and tested people, quarantine them basically on a ship, but then force them to be masked at all times while indoors. 

We are leaving in 3 weeks for the Panama Canal. We will follow their rules, but pending the experience, we’ll cancel our next three cruises lined up. I’d rather rent a beach house somewhere than keep my face miserably covered. I’m just over it. 

Edited by TXcruiser13
  • Like 3