On Board the Mardi Gras 10/9-16/2021

dan4182

DW and I are onboard the Mardi Gras right now.

If  anybody has any questions that they would like answered/researched let us know and (as time permits) we will try to answer your questions.

Please think before you ask—no room specific questions re stateroom # whatever, we only know about our particular room.

Will post a more thorough review next week!

Say Hi to James and another guy who’s name starts with Teo.( I forgot the last couple

of letters to his name)) They work in Cucina del Capitano. My daughter and her boyfriend got to know them back in August and my wife and myself will see them when you get back. (The October 16 cruise). Have fun

3 hours ago, Coopdog08 said:

For the speciality places that are free to eat at in the evening that usually carry a charge on other ships have they been busy? 

I'm on the same sailing.  We have only seen "wait time under ten minutes" for Cucina and Chibang on this cruise. 

The only time we've seen a longer wait for a YTD venue was on the first elegant night, at the Palm Restaurant (one of the MDRs), and I think it was 20 minutes.  

I HAD thought that the Palm was for set dining and Flamingo was for YTD, but it appears the lower level of Palm is for set dining and the upper is for YTD, at least on THIS sailing.  

2 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

What time does that sandwich Panini Press place close?

10  pm.  

And since this is the stand-in for the Carnival Deli on Mardi Gras, and since there are NO other free/included dining options aside from pizza after 10 pm, this is an embarrassing failure for the Mardi Gras.  

The ship is sailing at ~60-70% of capacity so the lines are not too long anywhere you go, They expect you to use your HUB app to make reservations for as many things as possible toreduce the crowds due to Covid 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pellaz said:

I'm on the same sailing.  We have only seen "wait time under ten minutes" for Cucina and Chibang on this cruise. 

The only time we've seen a longer wait for a YTD venue was on the first elegant night, at the Palm Restaurant (one of the MDRs), and I think it was 20 minutes.  

I HAD thought that the Palm was for set dining and Flamingo was for YTD, but it appears the lower level of Palm is for set dining and the upper is for YTD, at least on THIS sailing.  

10  pm.  

And since this is the stand-in for the Carnival Deli on Mardi Gras, and since there are NO other free/included dining options aside from pizza after 10 pm, this is an embarrassing failure for the Mardi Gras.  

Thank you!

9 hours ago, amcankid said:

Say Hi to James and another guy who’s name starts with Teo.( I forgot the last couple

of letters to his name)) They work in Cucina del Capitano. My daughter and her boyfriend got to know them back in August and my wife and myself will see them when you get back. (The October 16 cruise). Have fun

We had James at Cucina and requested him every time after that! Definitely one of the best servers I've ever had, really nice guy.

16 hours ago, Detroit Donna said:

Is there an art gallery on board?

Now that you mention it, I don't think there is.  I haven't stumbled across one and I don't recall seeing auctions or other gallery activities mentioned. 

On 10/14/2021 at 11:03 PM, Pellaz said:

Now that you mention it, I don't think there is.  I haven't stumbled across one and I don't recall seeing auctions or other gallery activities mentioned. 

There is definitely not and Good Riddance, whether the Green Day or any other type. Can't believe that is around on any ship. Total scam.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 12:47 AM, Pellaz said:

10  pm.  

The Palm was definitely all set dining on our sailing back in August so seems they are indeed working out demand and tweaks. I wonder if it's determined by how many guests pre-select YTD?

WHY isn't Emeril's open past 10pm? It would make all the sense. It's extra $$ for the ship. It's a venue you can't easily fit in otherwise due to so much choice. It's located very convenient to bunches of nightly entertainment. Hellooooooooooo Mardi Gras people. You have no midnight buffet and only mediocre pizza while you have hundreds of hungry people wanting to spend their money on booze and gambling. Fools! Honestly it's just weird they would assume that no one wants food after 10.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 10:27 AM, mylittleone2000 said:

Okay, that's weird, I just found it on one. I've never seen it being done in the afternoon, it's always been late at night! Says 2pm on the FUN TIMES I found, is that still accurate?

That's about when it was on the final sea day of my August sailing. It was very very well attended, one of the most crowded shows I saw all week. 🙂

15 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

The Palm was definitely all set dining on our sailing back in August so seems they are indeed working out demand and tweaks. I wonder if it's determined by how many guests pre-select YTD?

WHY isn't Emeril's open past 10pm? It would make all the sense. It's extra $$ for the ship. It's a venue you can't easily fit in otherwise due to so much choice. It's located very convenient to bunches of nightly entertainment. Hellooooooooooo Mardi Gras people. You have no midnight buffet and only mediocre pizza while you have hundreds of hungry people wanting to spend their money on booze and gambling. Fools! Honestly it's just weird they would assume that no one wants food after 10.

They assume people want food after 10; but they want them to PAY for it.

44 minutes ago, funinthesun1964 said:

They assume people want food after 10; but they want them to PAY for it.

There’s nowhere to pay for it either. That’s my point. All you get after 10 is free pizza. I think you can buy sushi but only until midnight: I’m saying keep a pay option open. I never made it to emerils but was often out after 10 and would have loved to. It’s not very expensive except for market price seafood options.

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

There’s nowhere to pay for it either. That’s my point. All you get after 10 is free pizza. I think you can buy sushi but only until midnight: I’m saying keep a pay option open. I never made it to emerils but was often out after 10 and would have loved to. It’s not very expensive except for market price seafood options.

I believe room service is available for a fee; also, some ships have Red Frog Pub food options. 

11 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Sushi place is open until 11 pm.  

After that time the ONLY choices are Pizzeria del Capitano, upcharge room service, and Swirls.   

And this, on Carnival's food-heavy flagship.  😮  

C'mon, Carnival, throw us a bone here!   Have Piazza Panini stay open until 11 pm, like the Deli does on EVERY OTHER SHIP, and have Late Night Eats or Pizza Pirate Plus available until 1 or 2 am like you do on other ships!  

• Like 1