Yes or No Have you witnessed Jeans on Formal Night(s)

b8tzm

Its could be, when you think about Jeans, I think about working on the Ranch milking a cow or picking up bales of hay and then riding a horse into the wee hours and then going to a 5 star restaurant:confused:

I would hope that you would at least wear clean clothes...kind of an example of the "jist" of my post, thanks for the verification of my suspicions.

Having just go t off the Liberty last week.

Yes, the capers do state-no shorts or bathing attire inthe main dining room. But it is not enforced at all. Even of Formal nights.

On past past cruises no one wearing other then what the stated dress code was to be ever bothered me.

Last week there were soooo many in shorts and tank tops and flip flops that I felt over dressed. (especially on formal night) There was one family I swear they came to dinner right from the pool.

THe 2nd formal night was formal optional and since I was not comfortable being dressed like that on the first night we did not do it the 2nd night.

So, with reply to your question- I dont think jeans will be frowned upon and no one is gonna say anything to you

Its could be, when you think about Jeans, I think about working on the Ranch milking a cow or picking up bales of hay and then riding a horse into the wee hours and then going to a 5 star restaurant:confused:

Most of us ranchers wash our jeans before we wear them out in public. ;) Actually, I have "work" jeans and then I have "dress" jeans, but I would never wear either to a 5 star restaurant OR to formal night on a cruise. I don't really care what other folks wear, though.

On a 2002 cruise on the Victory there was this couple seated at a table for two (tucked way in the back of the dining room by themselves) that wore shorts and Hawaiian shirts every night (including formal nights). They were not turned away. Many people were talking about that. Me, a t-shirt and shorts person 24/7, would never consider wearing shorts or jeans to dinner in the dining room (except on first or last night - when you have the luggage excuse).:o

Yes I have seen jeans in the dining room this past cruise on the Miracle and only becasue the man wearing them wore his work boots ( steel toed ) all day long even with his knee length jean shorts, and at night he wore his jeans and boots..

:)

When my husband and I were in Cozumel several years ago (when the Ecstasy's home port was Miami) we shared a taxi with a delightful young couple on their honeymoon and went to the beach togeather. They told us how their luggage had been lost and were eating at the alternative dining on the Lido Deck because they could not dressed appropriately for dinner. I tried to convince them to come to the dining room, but I don't think I succeeded. A terrfic fun loving older couple (50's) at our table had also lost their luggage. They were making due with what they had, bought a pair of shorts and a logo tee shirt. They tried to rent formals, but were unable to do. They didn't miss a meal and everyone at the table enjoyed their company, despite their appearance ;) . At least 60 people ( cabins ?) were without luggage on this cruise. Our cruise was delayed by two hours due to horrific weather in the midwest. I believe that when in Rome do as ..... However, you need to cut some slack when you see someone wearing a pair of jeans etc when you have no idea about why they are dressed that way.

Archived