Looking for Ziuderdam reviews

svgirl1

Hi Everyone,

My Husband to be told me there use to be lots of reviews of the ships, but he said there dosen't seem to be as many as there use to be. This will be my first cruise, my Husbands 3rd. Were sailing on the Zuiderdam March 25th, were hoping someone will post a detailed review soon, anyone been on her lately that post a review? We'd very much love hearing about it. Being my frist cruise, I'm so looking forward to it, and thanks to Cruisecritic, and everyone on here being so nice, as well as very cruise savy if you will, I have learned so much, thanks to you all!

We were on the Zuiderdam in November to the Eastern Caribbean. We had an awesome time. We came right home and booked our second Zuiderdam cruise. Just for reference, I am 37, DH is 47 and DD is 12.

I've read lots of reviews on the Zuiderdam, some even from the very cruise we were on - and opinions range vastly. We found the service to be top notch, as expected. We thoroughly enjoyed the food at the Lido and in the dining room. We found plenty to do or not to do if that is what we chose. I can't think of a single complaint. Yep, I saw the "potholes" - big deal. I saw the cracked glass (only because I knew to look for it). There was steel drum music by the mid-ship Lido pool everyday - even though I've read other reviews that have stated no pool-side music. Our cruise was over Thanksgiving, so maybe it was special because of being a holiday cruise - I don't know. There were pool-side games, but they weren't overbearing. I just think it was the perfect mix of everything - fun but not wild; relaxing but not boring.

I guess this isn't the "detailed" review you were looking for - I'll be happy to answer any specific questions you may have...but I guess I just wanted to point out that we got home and booked another cruise on the same ship - that's how much we liked it.

I wish I were joining you on your cruise - have a great time!!!

Hi Svgirl~

Will be on the Z for the March 25th sailing. I'll be with my sister and her best friend, celebrating my 40th birthday. I've also been looking for Z reviews, so if you see something, please let me know.

Regards~

Eve

Archived