Back from Jade Greek Isles cruise

njpln

We just got home from our wonderful 7 day Greek Isles cruise on Jade. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to write a full review, but I figured I’d let fellow cruisers know I’m open to answering any questions they may have.

I think I can sum up the cruise by just a few sentences. The cruise was maybe 50% full, I don’t think it was even that full. The dining rooms always seem fairly empty. Service was fantastic, food was good, shows were good. We are so happy that we went.

We had wondered about how much mask wearing we would see…it was required In all areas except when drinking or eating.  The elevators limited occupancy to four at a time, although several times we were six in an elevator. They were very strict in the theater about mask wearing and distancing. They blocked out every third seat. No exceptions. In the lounges where people were drinking and dancing, few were wearing their masks, but everyone was fairly well social distanced due to low ship occupancy.  

Norwegian was really organized about the Covid testing, we were tested before we were allowed to board, and then we were tested two days before disembarking. We were able to use those results to board our flight back to the states.

We loved Dinah and the island band in spinnaker lounge.  Danced every night they were there.

😊

• Like 1

Welcome home!  Can you tell me how long it took to get off the ship in Santorini?  It seems like it's a short day in port considering how long it takes to get up to the island and then back down to the ship.  

Having problems posting a reply….

In Santorini the ship gave out timed tender tickets, so there is no long wait if you go at your time. The tenders were local ferry boats, and the trip was fairly quick—we watched from our verandah and it was maybe 5 minutes to the dock.  The wait there is for the cable car.  There is a line both ways.  

To be honest, it was the only port we did not disembark for, but our son and his wife did.  They told us they chose to only come down by the cable car, the line was so long when they got there they paid someone to take them to Oia. They said it was not expensive. They left the ship at 12:30 and came back around 7 pm. 

The weather was wonderful most days, only in Corfu we had a rainy day.  Pack your ponchos! If anything it was chillier than I expected, but we dressed in layers each day as it really warms up midday.

I would go back in a heartbeat and definitely in October.