Saint Greg's Panorama - LIVE - October 23-30 2021

Saint Greg

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh nobody wanted to see proof of vaccination so I don’t know if I heard that announcement wrong or if it was right but they just aren’t checking. They did take our temperature at a hand scanner. Actually I do think I have a picture of that and a couple of retail port area type pics now that I think about it..

You heard the announcement right. We got back on the ship a little while ago, and nobody even looked at our passport, let alone the vaccination card. 😜

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Las Caletas is one of our favourite excursions - did you happen to notice if they were selling the daytime one as opposed to Colours of The Night?

19 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

the ship only had one time. Outside vendors may have something different 

I am on this cruise starting this Saturday the 30th and Carnival has both day and night options 😉

Edited by gotscrapz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s alot to spend I think. But if you’re taking advantage of the dinner and drinks I think it’s worth it. I’ve never had steak and shrimp on an excursion. It’s usually chicken and rice. I think I’d rather pay $160 For that than $120 for the whale watching I did in Cabo where the whales are a mile away.

First of all - I am really enjoying your live review. Can’t wait to read @Jamman54 review also when they are home. So awesome to enjoy multiple review styles.

Thank  you!,,,

Question, I sail on the Panorama This Saturday and I signed up for Rhythm for the 1st time. Been at least a decade since I’ve done a Mexican Riviera cruise actually! Since moving from SoCal 12 years ago I’ve been cruising all over lol!

sorry I digressed 😂 

Anyway - I am a vegetarian. Was there any fresh fruit or fresh green salads? Bread? 

I love theater so I’m hoping I’ll like this excursion. The day trip looks great also! My daughter who is cruising with me is opting out of this excursion, pregnant with morning sickness so we don’t think the small boat over is good right now. 

Did you enjoy this tour as a solo?

thanks!

oh and I had talked myself out of cheers for the 1st time ever lol, but after all of your drinks in this review…. Lol! My daughter isn’t 21 yet so I just have to buy for me!

• Like 2

When we were on that cruise a few weeks ago, it was mentioned that businesses could ask to view your vaccination card before letting you in as their customer.  It is a requirement of Mazatlan, not Carnival.  We took a photo image of our cards and were never asked for it either. 

Edited by OddJob
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Whenever I hear the word "Mazatlan", I always think of how dramatically they announced *MAZATLAN!!!!!!* on the Love Boat whenever they arrived at that port. I imagined it must be such an exciting place. I hope to find out one day.😂

Me too 😂

35 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

You heard the announcement right. We got back on the ship a little while ago, and nobody even looked at our passport, let alone the vaccination card. 😜

I never take my passport off the boat - just a picture on my phone. Do I really need to take it in Mazatlan? It’s stresses me out that I’ll lose it or it will get stolen!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gotscrapz said:

Me too 😂

I never take my passport off the boat - just a picture on my phone. Do I really need to take it in Mazatlan? It’s stresses me out that I’ll lose it or it will get stolen!

I don’t think anyone requires a passport but some require a picture ID along with your ship card. Today just my ship card was good enough. I barely got it out of my pants and was telling me I was good. It could’ve been my card from last year for all he knew.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gotscrapz said:

First of all - I am really enjoying your live review. Can’t wait to read @Jamman54 review also when they are home. So awesome to enjoy multiple review styles.

Thank  you!,,,

Question, I sail on the Panorama This Saturday and I signed up for Rhythm for the 1st time. Been at least a decade since I’ve done a Mexican Riviera cruise actually! Since moving from SoCal 12 years ago I’ve been cruising all over lol!

sorry I digressed 😂 

Anyway - I am a vegetarian. Was there any fresh fruit or fresh green salads? Bread? 

I love theater so I’m hoping I’ll like this excursion. The day trip looks great also! My daughter who is cruising with me is opting out of this excursion, pregnant with morning sickness so we don’t think the small boat over is good right now. 

Did you enjoy this tour as a solo?

thanks!

oh and I had talked myself out of cheers for the 1st time ever lol, but after all of your drinks in this review…. Lol! My daughter isn’t 21 yet so I just have to buy for me!

This was the salad section8CD0043A-D924-4B9D-AF24-17C2F30804E8.thumb.png.db3f6ec902f770bb2e6dd021466d4944.png

cheeses cheese cheeses cheeses

5DB93B09-091E-4678-A52D-882F1148356F.thumb.jpeg.4c545393c1f3a590bde07868e88defac.jpeg

this was the broccoli cauliflower carrot mix I had.

A939451A-254F-4732-95C1-3BB1A05558D4.thumb.jpeg.165a8949075e9f28b075be92cb898419.jpeg

desserts and chips. I don’t remember if there was bread. I’m not seeing it in my pictures. “We’ve got water. I don’t think we have any bread but we’ve got water.”

4EA9E8A3-DD1A-46DC-8FC2-E115A017204E.thumb.jpeg.5ce6752c974fd79220c3dba3326c8241.jpeg

probably a good call on the pregnant daughter not going. It was a rough ride out there!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This was the salad section8CD0043A-D924-4B9D-AF24-17C2F30804E8.thumb.png.db3f6ec902f770bb2e6dd021466d4944.png

cheeses cheese cheeses cheeses

5DB93B09-091E-4678-A52D-882F1148356F.thumb.jpeg.4c545393c1f3a590bde07868e88defac.jpeg

this was the broccoli cauliflower carrot mix I had.

A939451A-254F-4732-95C1-3BB1A05558D4.thumb.jpeg.165a8949075e9f28b075be92cb898419.jpeg

desserts and chips. I don’t remember if there was bread. I’m not seeing it in my pictures. “We’ve got water. I don’t think we have any bread but we’ve got water.”

4EA9E8A3-DD1A-46DC-8FC2-E115A017204E.thumb.jpeg.5ce6752c974fd79220c3dba3326c8241.jpeg

probably a good call on the pregnant daughter not going. It was a rough ride out there!

• Like 3

I don’t think I want to eat in a restaurant tonight. I want to stay close to my home base in case there’s any news from the front.

I picked up just a plain Jane with a little mustard from guys. And there’s always deli or room service if I want something later.

2E336366-A78F-405F-A87C-8ADC4A4E4B39.jpeg

• Like 6

I’ve been watching this room channel 19 that has a few travel shows I like and it shows them commercial free 24/7.

One of these was definitely nonsense. He has a one day Breeze stop in Cozumel and he did four excursions in playa del Carmen…including Tulum which is really about an hour from playa and is a full day excursion on its own. He went snorkeling, did a salsa class, and something else with bees and still had time to write in his journal before catching the water shuttle back to Cozumel…come on.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 12

Thank you for the food info 🙂 

we are looking into going to the turtle sanctuary in Mazatlan - it’s baby turtle release time! It’s a bit far from port and although I could drop a map of Cabo from memory lol, we go there often, I am not too familiar with Mazatlan … hmmm. 

if not maybe just get off and snap a few pics in town and get back on the boat…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve been watching this room channel 19 that has a few travel shows I like and it shows them commercial free 24/7.

One of these was definitely nonsense. He has a one day Breeze stop in Cozumel and he did four excursions in playa del Carmen…including Tulum which is really about an hour from playa and is a full day excursion on its own. He went snorkeling, did a salsa class, and something else with bees and still had time to write in his journal before catching the water shuttle back to Cozumel…come on.

Yes, that’s funny! Lol

i did find I really enjoyed Cozumel and playa del Carmen - but not on the same day lol, it was the same cruise though😂

1 minute ago, gotscrapz said:

Yes, that’s funny! Lol

i did find I really enjoyed Cozumel and playa del Carmen - but not on the same day lol, it was the same cruise though😂

I did Tulum and Playa from Barcelo Maya Riviera in June. Going to Tulum from the ship and back is probably 4-5 hours in travel time alone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gotscrapz said:

Me too 😂

A passport is not required to leave the ship in Mazatlan or the majority of the ports Carnival sails to. We take ours off because if something happens that we miss the ship, it is much easier to fly back to the states if you have your passport. Being older makes the chance of something happening a little greater. 😎

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Whenever I hear the word "Mazatlan", I always think of how dramatically they announced *MAZATLAN!!!!!!* on the Love Boat whenever they arrived at that port. I imagined it must be such an exciting place. I hope to find out one day.😂

“Tomorrow we arrive in MAZATTTE - LAHN!!” I agree and hope to go there as well. One day I’ll have to decide whether to do the “Mexican Riviera” itinerary on Good Ol’ Carnival or is that when I finally jump over to Princess, not that I expect it to be anything like the teensy little old ships from the ‘70’s. Not sure about a semi megaship with a largely, err mature audience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I thought about maybe trying a beer. The Caribbean wheat sounds good right now. I went down to the hero’s lounge where the World Series and the pels game is on. Nikola was about to scrounge one up in the can and pour it into a glass to give me the illusion of a draft beer.

5AEAB798-69D6-4A41-9A80-68A7BC21C453.jpeg

• Like 2