FCC usage options?

Freckles_51

After several rescheduling of March 2020 cancelled cruise, we now have a booking for March 2022, but I recently had a medical

issue for which I cannot get travel medical insurance. Someone else is going on the cruise in my place, TA made a name change and I asked NCL to transfer FCC to that person. They will not allow  “partial” or “remaining” balance transfers. Wondering if anyone has dealt with this situation?  Can I just apply my FCC to that cruise even though I am not going? So not actually transferring it to someone else for their future use? Or any other suggestions? I would ask my TA but she is out of town for several weeks.

in my account the FCC is listed as 100% future cruise credit, but the whole FCC thing was complicated back when the cruise was cancelled, teens credit was transferred to me but that portion used as deposit for upcoming cruise, not exactly sure of the amounts, maybe part of mine was used as well.  It’s a mess.

Thanks for your response, I get what you’re saying but I want the full FCC amount applied to the same cruise that I had booked ie the amount applied to the deposit plus the amount in my account which I had intended to apply to the same cruise, in effect then, transferring it to the other person. This was all explained in my email to NCL.

So if I had made full payment before the name change, (final payment not yet due), using the very same FCC, what would they have done with that upon the name change? Left it applied to the cruise or placed it back into my Latitudes account, in which case I would transfer it to the other person anyway? Either way it amounts to the same thing. Or am I still missing something?

Edited by Freckles_51

9 hours ago, Freckles_51 said:

Thanks for your response, I get what you’re saying but I want the full FCC amount applied to the same cruise that I had booked ie the amount applied to the deposit plus the amount in my account which I had intended to apply to the same cruise, in effect then, transferring it to the other person. This was all explained in my email to NCL.

So if I had made full payment before the name change, (final payment not yet due), using the very same FCC, what would they have done with that upon the name change? Left it applied to the cruise or placed it back into my Latitudes account, in which case I would transfer it to the other person anyway? Either way it amounts to the same thing. Or am I still missing something?

That is not transferring anything, it is simply paying for your cruise.  I have done it many times.  when booking  simply ask the rep to apply all of my available FCC to the cruise.  Mentioning a transfer probably confuses them and that cannot be done.  of course it may have to be done all at once (usually the time of booking. So you might or might not be able to use the rest of the FCC on the cruise in question.

Edited by MoCruiseFan

Yes I see now that transfer was the wrong way to do this and caused confusion, my TA had actually contacted NCL before we started this process and was told to have me make the request. Oh well I will have my TA handle it and hopefully get a satisfactory result. 
Thanks for your input.