Short cruise rewiev Epic Barcelona-Barcelona

sollan

One week cruise Barcelona- Barcelona 26/09. First time on NCL and it was very OK.  We have cruised with Celebrity, Azamara and RCL before so we didn't know what to expect..🙂
Cabin 12185 starboard side. The cabin design very odd! Separate toilet and shower and the basin in the room. Think the designer went totally bananas...
Very tight, had to take turns to get pass the bed... Storage on the wall opposite the foot end. No mirror that you could see your whole person in, could see my feets and upper half of my body. No good for someone that want to see how she looks...🙃
The ship design differs from what we are used to from Celebrity and Azamara so we wandered around many times trying to find our way around.
The ship wasn't filled up (maybe 2/3 is my guess). Lots of staff! 
No self serving from buffet, but worked out splendid. Everyone had to wash hands before entering, seperate entrance/exit. Think we have heard "washy, washy, happy, happy" 10000 times...😆
We had to take a Covid anti-gen test before getting onboard and before getting off and of course had to have a covid vacc. It took 1 hour and 10 min from entering the test tent until we were onboard. Very smooth!
Beeing on a Europe cruise we had to wear face masks inside that we could take off sitting down. No face masks on deck eccept going to the bar. No sitting around the bar desk. Did not miss....
It worked out very, very good - everybody we saw followed the rules.
Good food. We had drinking package included 😁😁 also two speciality dinners that was good. A big, big miss regarding the drink package is that water isn't incuded!! The Teppanyaki restaurant was very noisy, but the food excellent (and plenty..)
We couldn't go by our selves in Italian ports (had to be on a NCL excursion) to keep a "saftey bubble". No time of your own on these either. So we stayed onboard ENJOYING our week...🥂 
We would surely consider crusing wiht NCL again.
  • Like 4

On 10/16/2021 at 8:58 PM, lixogab said:

Thanks for the review.

How did you find the MDR food compared to other lines?

We thought the food was fine, nothing really special in the main dining rooms - but good. We have had better and less good experiences on other cruislines 🙂 it really depends on the main chef I would say.

We had two speciallty dinners included in the cruise that also was fine. Much to choose from in the buffet.

• Like 2

The Epic is the only ship in NCL's fleet with that cabin layout; all the other ships have a traditional bathroom as a separate room inside the cabin.

Many of the newer ships stress being on the water, with the "Waterfront" on the newer NCL ships. I felt like it was a chore to see the water from Epic. We found the entertainment and the food top notch.