Do you have questions about Scarlet Lady? Post them here.

Chamoretta

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

My husband and I are so excited to be going on our very first cruise in April - we'll be doing the Dominican Republic route from Miami and can't wait.

I had a couple of questions that I hoped you guys might be able to help with... 

1. We've already booked our embarkation time, but when can we book our disembarkation time? Can anyone advise roughly how long this takes and the earliest time you can depart? Virgin have advised not to book flights out of Miami until after 12pm and I am considering a 12.30pm flight from Miami to Cancun. 

2. We may need to to take a rapid antigen test (with a fit to fly certificate) when we disembark to enable us to board our onward flight. Is this something you can pay for onboard, or is there anywhere walkable from the terminal we can do it? 

3. We are looking to book overnight accommodation prior to our cruise at Port Miami. We're from the UK so won't be driving. Will it be easy to take a taxi to the port? It's not far - but a bit too far to walk with our luggage.

Thank you!

Amy x

1 hour ago, VirginCruiseNewbie said:

Hello everyone!

My husband and I are so excited to be going on our very first cruise in April - we'll be doing the Dominican Republic route from Miami and can't wait.

I had a couple of questions that I hoped you guys might be able to help with... 

1. We've already booked our embarkation time, but when can we book our disembarkation time? Can anyone advise roughly how long this takes and the earliest time you can depart? Virgin have advised not to book flights out of Miami until after 12pm and I am considering a 12.30pm flight from Miami to Cancun. 

2. We may need to to take a rapid antigen test (with a fit to fly certificate) when we disembark to enable us to board our onward flight. Is this something you can pay for onboard, or is there anywhere walkable from the terminal we can do it? 

3. We are looking to book overnight accommodation prior to our cruise at Port Miami. We're from the UK so won't be driving. Will it be easy to take a taxi to the port? It's not far - but a bit too far to walk with our luggage.

Thank you!

Amy x

You can request a time to disembark on the app. Unsure on testing but I read they could provide at cost, I believe Miami airport might have some. Uber or taxis are pretty easy.

For your antigen test to fly - there is testing at Miami airport https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/

You would need to allow time though to get the test, the results & then check in for your next flight.

You might also need to book in advance - I am flying to the UK next week and had to book my test to come home to the USA in advance as I wanted it done at the airport (we have £400 of vouchers with Expresss Test as we cancelled our family trip at Christmas, so had paid for 4x arrivals PCR & 4x antigen departure tests!)

Does Mexico accept tests taken at home, possibly with a tele-health appointment to supervise? The US does - might be worth checking. That way you could do the test yourself. 

Safe travels!

10 hours ago, VirginCruiseNewbie said:

Thank you so much! Are the restaurants open for breakfast before you disembark, do you know?

Yup! We had a leisurely bfast at Razzle Dazzle, but I think all of the usual spots are open on disembark day.

12 hours ago, VirginCruiseNewbie said:

You can book your disembark time closer to sail date.  If you go to Discover>Ports>the second MIA, there will be a disembarkation option there.

WRT the flight time, you should be okay if you do an early disembark time and all goes as according to plan.  Our exit was slightly delayed due to either customs or a medical issue in the middle of the disembarkation process, so we were on the ship until around 11, but the folks who left before 10 got off pretty quickly.  There was another voyage that had a mechanical issue, so the ship was a few hours late to port.  Probably 9 times out of 10, you're fine, so it depends how risk averse you are (or if you have travel insurance/a credit card that has trip interruption coverage)