We are back - semi-live blogging from Norwegian Epic - 17. oktober

Georgeven

1 hour ago, jemz1949 said:

Curious as to what they did or are doing with the Cirque venue..?

It's a paid dinner and show called Zambooka. Very similar to Cirque dreams. They were advertising it as acts from "got talent" shows which is true but the acts are similar to Cirque acts. I hate "got talent" and don't watch it on the TV but I was entertained and enjoyed it. They even give you a shot of sumbucca. 

The dinner is a set menu which could be hit or miss. 45 mins to eat and then it's 45 mins for the show.

On Wednesday it wasn't on and they had an escape game but instead of escaping the room, it was puzzles to unlock several padlocks to find the phone number needed. You need to sign up for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yinster said:

It's a paid dinner and show called Zambooka. Very similar to Cirque dreams. They were advertising it as acts from "got talent" shows which is true but the acts are similar to Cirque acts. I hate "got talent" and don't watch it on the TV but I was entertained and enjoyed it. They even give you a shot of sumbucca. 

The dinner is a set menu which could be hit or miss. 45 mins to eat and then it's 45 mins for the show.

On Wednesday it wasn't on and they had an escape game but instead of escaping the room, it was puzzles to unlock several padlocks to find the phone number needed. You need to sign up for that.

Can we skip the dinner and just show up for the show?  We will also be in the Haven

4 hours ago, FamilyCruisers1023 said:

Can we skip the dinner and just show up for the show?  We will also be in the Haven

You probably could. But then you wont get the best seat to see the show. They do a lot of the stuff in the middle of the floor but some of it is on the stage. 

We sat upstairs facing the stage and could see everything. Remember couple of the the acts will be above the floor.

We talked to another couple who sat right in front of the middle of the floor. They said it was too close to some of the action.

It used to be long tables but now it's individual tables just for your group. Upstairs it is spaced out so there's a wee gap where two two chairs should be. 

5 hours ago, FamilyCruisers1023 said:

You can be seated and decline dinner.  If it's like how they used to do it, the courses are served throughout the show (started before the show starts).  We didn't love the meal the first time we went and declined it during the next time (had a late dinner on our own afterwards). I have friends who once did dinner before and asked only for the dessert at the show.

2 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

You can be seated and decline dinner.  If it's like how they used to do it, the courses are served throughout the show (started before the show starts).  We didn't love the meal the first time we went and declined it during the next time (had a late dinner on our own afterwards). I have friends who once did dinner before and asked only for the dessert at the show.

They actually didn't start the show till all the desserts were served. 

Good morning from some place in the ocean close in our way to Livorno… 

The last two days have been quiet… the day in Rome we spent it taking sun in Posh and then the courtyard… beautiful sunny day with some wind to cool down 😎. Small lunch in the Buffett where we loved the Asian food station and dinner in the Haven… 

Day in Naples we also stayed on board and the weather was cloudy with some little rain here and there and a little cold so the executive decision was to go to H20 and download some of our favorite TV shows in the iPad to spend a lazy day in the cabin watching TV and movies… there is a good selection of movies on demand  and in the haven you have them included. 

Just some pointers here: while we were in the H20 we could see that the area there is I need of a refurbishment and that the ship is starting to show its age… 

Lunch in the Haven again and this time the pasta with shrimps just blew our tasting buds… it was an OMG experience… 

3E932547-B887-42EC-9B13-E1410E20F342.thumb.jpeg.483569a75e62a459a70c8a029a1869c7.jpeg

Dinner in Cagneys was a miss this time… when your beef is not to your expectation because OK is cooked on point but dry and chewy… is definitely not good… but the ChimiChurri sauce was greatilicious.. the crème brûlée not good and the onion soup extremely salty… a disappointment of a dinner… 

• Thanks 1

Day in Livorno and sea day… and disembarkation 

As said we were not planning to go out in Italy so we have enjoyed the posh, the courtyard and the cabin with the movies menu… and we can say we have enjoyed several of them

Testing before debarcation went easy breezy in the haven and you get the results in your app and a letter in your cabin

We tried the room service menu: the pasta bolognes,  the skirt steak and the chicken soup were very nice but you can skip the pizzas 🍕 

now it’s time to disembark… it has been an amazing vacation on board the epic and the haven. Will we do it again YES if we find the right price and itinerary… can we do it out of the haven… do not think so… 

conclusion the haven in the epic has been the best of our three experiences in the haven and thanks to all the staff in here… 

now let’s get out of the ship… cross the terminal and get on board the Harmony of the Seas for one week… you can follow the semi live blogging there if you want to compare haven Norwegian in epic vs. balcony cabin in Harmony 

thanks for following…

• Like 4

We had dinner in O’Sheehan’s last night.  I used to really look forward to prime rib night in O’Sheehan’s, but last night’s dinner was the first truly disappointing meal I have ever had on an NCL ship, and that’s out of more than 200 meals.  The rib was less than prime, tasteless, chewy, and downright awful.  I spoke to the F&B Manager about it, but it is what it is.

• 4 weeks later...

in post 4 i see the balcony is enclosed. are all the 2 bedrooms like this?

also i see in one of the other pics what the forward facing enclosed window balconies look like from the outside. never saw any other ship like that. amazing. in cold weather i guess a plus!