Rccl - Virgin

Hi there,

I am a RCCL virgin, going on Explorer of the Seas in October. I am a NCL junkie and would like to know what I need to know about RCCL and specifically about Explorer OTS.

So, spill it... tell me all about it!

Thanks, so much

~Intrepid :D

Hey Intrepid I have never cruised on any line except RCCL but I think you will have a great time . We have cruised 4 times and have not had a bad experience yet. All the ships we have been on were clean and shiny throughout.Crew have always been great and 99.9% of fellow passengers friendly and courteous. I don't know anything about the ship you are sailing on but I know you will love RCCL, as long as you don't expect all your favorite points of NCL to compare.

We have cruised a few different lines and I have not doubt that you will have a great time on Explorer. We have been on Voyager (sister ship) and will now be going on Explorer in May, since we did enjoy this class of ship. And RCI is really known for is wide variety of age groups...so it's fun for all. Have a great cruise! :)

I have been on RCCL twice and NCL a few times. I like RCCL and really dislike NCL. Free-Style isn't for me. But I sail for cost nothing else. I would sail NCL again if it went where I would like to go an for a price I liked.

Don

I think you will like the Explorer! it is my favorite ship so far. It offer's a lot of things there isn't room for on smaller ships. I found the food wasn't as good on NCL as it is on RCCL (more selection, i think, on RCCL).

I am the opposite of the above poster though, I loved Freestyle cruising on both Princess and NCL! I like not having to worry about being ready NOW or having to wait for 3 hours to eat. I like to be able to eat around the entertainment schedule, and not feel rushed when getting back on the ship.

I would go on NCL again, but I prefer RCCL. They also have a much better welcome back program on RCCL then they do on NCL.

Archived